Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

2013 Fall Southern @ Back Woods Update!
Unread 11-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
Rick Hemingway
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default 2013 Fall Southern @ Back Woods Update!

Ladies and Gentleman,

I would like to apologize for any confusion that I may have created as that was not my intention by any means. Since posting the dates of Sept 27th - 29th as the shoot dates, it has come to my attention that is the same weekend of The Vintagers in RI. It is my decision not to attempt to cause any conflict by scheduling a shoot on the same date as someone else whom has already chosen a date. In respect for another club and all the sxs shooter's, I've chosen the weekend of September 13th - 15th, 2013 for our event.

Now just to make everyone aware of the reason for me moving from October is it seems to conflict with some northern and mid west hunting seasons which have not allowed quite a few of my friends whom I've met over the years at the Spring Shoot attend. With that said, I would hope all of you will continue to support the Fall Southern as we continue to make improvements to this shoot in hopes of making if more and more enjoyable for the shooters as well as the vendors.

Let's keep our fingers crossed this dates works for everyone and I look forward to seeing everyone in April at Deep River.

Rick Hemingway
Rick Hemingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Rick Hemingway's homepage!
Unread 11-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 338 Posts

Rick,

You are a class act and professional. You continually do every thing possible to accomodate us and make us feel welcome.
You have my support!
And yes sir your Fall shoot continues to get better and better each year. IMO it is the top side by side shoot of the year.
Thank you again for being so accomodating and I am already looking forward to your shoot in September.

John Truitt
John Truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Truitt For Your Post:
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
Mike Murphy
Forum Associate

Member Info

Updated my calendar. Looking forward to next year.
Thanks.
Michael Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,361 Times in 2,453 Posts

Wow Rick, If John T. rates it that high that's good enough for me. That date works for me even though I'm done with Ray P. and his shoots. I'll spend my hard earned money where someone appreciates me as an individual. Thanks, looking forward to it. See you at Deep River, have a great holiday season.
Daryl
Daryl Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
DoubleDown
Forum Associate

Member Info

From my point of view, it's just less time to wait! Looking forward to it already.

Mike
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson
Mike.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,910 Times in 4,774 Posts

Thanks for the message, Rick. Next year is on my calendar. I'll be waiting for the NSCA U.S. Open program to look for a side by side event.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote