Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Foto Fridays

Notices

Parker Like...
Unread 11-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #11
David Lien
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Parker Like...

Kent: Next time that you are on those HALLOWED WATERS in October you should bring your Parker. You are only 30 miles from some fair Chukar hunting (wild birds) big walks, but you can find them most of the time. You can come in September and find Sage grouse only 50 miles away. Two lane roads and few people, and few places to stay. That is most likely the reason for the hunting opportunities. Silver Creek has a special magic that I find no where else in the area. Maybe you found it too???? That fyl rod might enjoy the south fork of the snake river also. Is That Caribou Mountian (east of Soda Springs) in the background of your photo??? Good Luck David

Last edited by David Lien; 11-20-2009 at 02:59 PM..
David Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #12
Kent Nickerson
Forum Associate

Member Info

David....alas, it's not the fabulous Silver Creek....but a very wonderful place nonetheless....which I promised my daughter's friend who first took me there I would not blabber on about...location wise anyway! I too love the South Fork...in my next life I think I'll live in Swan Valley and fish dry every day.
I have taken my Parker out west...but the birds on the flats and in the hills near my creek are grouse of several kinds....including the Ruffed kind ...in numbers. Maybe I'll change my next life venue and shoot grouse every day and learn how to hit them more often than miss them!

Kent Nickerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2009, 11:22 PM   #13
David Lien
Forum Associate

Member Info

Kent: You keep that secret with your daughters friend. That is important in this part of the world. You should know that there are "creatures" that live in the south fork that will try to do serious harm to that old Jenkins. They hang out up by the dam. The last time I stepped into that water I had my steelhead rod and came out second best. Fall creek, any time after July a grasshopper right on the surface, about a #8. Locals will fill in the blanks. Lots of fun. I first fished the South Fork with my father when they were building the dam (Mid 50s). The dam made for the big fish. Now we have Cheney and the Rockefellers and all the black Suburbans.YUK! When there you are 2 1/2 Hrs. from the Beaverhead River near Dillon Mont., and fall fishing is a real experience, and I will bet that old Jenkins would have fun too. A very good fly shop in downtown Dillon. Hand tyed flys # 18 & 20s, these guys know fly fishing and gear.
Sage grouse numbers are up north of Idaho Falls, 3 week season in Sept. Chukar and Hun seasons over 100 Days, and the locals can fill in the blanks. Eat what you keep and throw back the big ones. Good Luck
David Lien is offline   Reply With Quote