Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Vintager's Cup Canceled
Unread 07-20-2020, 11:03 AM   #1
Dr Bob
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Vintager's Cup Canceled

It was just announced that the 2020 Vintager's Cup scheduled in September at Hausmann's in Pa has been canceled for this year.
Bob Decker is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Bob Decker's homepage!
Unread 07-20-2020, 11:22 AM   #2
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,411 Times in 4,591 Posts

Not surprised, but disappointed.

At this point, it is safe to say that if you want to shoot, shop and see gunning friends, Come to Rock Mountain. It will likely be the only opportunity to do so left this year.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!
Unread 07-20-2020, 11:41 AM   #3
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,772 Times in 2,006 Posts

Boy that sucks! Was planning on going, so disapointing. Feel bad for all those businesses /vendors hit hard again. Rock Mtn was always a possibility for me, now must make a decision
Unread 07-20-2020, 11:52 AM   #4
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,084 Times in 2,380 Posts

If you like to shoot then Mike's is the place. Nothing against Ernie's but Mike knows how to set interesting targets and he's giving away free beer this year.

So.... who's coming?
Unread 07-20-2020, 12:16 PM   #5
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,365 Posts

https://vintagers.org/vintage-gunners-cup

Vintage Gunners Cup

CANCELLED -- Please See Note Below -- 2020 Vintage Gunners Cup World Side-by-Side Championship

Dear Vintage Gunners and other Double Gun Enthusiasts,

After months of trying to get a clear picture of what it would take to get this year’s Vintage Gunners Cup off the ground and meet all the safety requirements, the Board and Hausmann’s Hidden Hollow Sporting Clays have decided to cancel this year’s event.

Pennsylvania’s current restrictions by county continue to bounce back and forth between green and yellow, limiting attendance at events from 250 to 50 people. At last year’s event, we had nearly 400 people attend. Pennsylvania has extensive requirements for events including sanitation, social distancing, keeping a log of everyone for contact tracing, etc., that would need to be met. This is feasible but if someone were to become ill, there are lingering questions on whether we would be covered by our insurance provider. New York State, where many stay and eat, has implemented restrictions on travel and 14-day quarantine requirements from many other states. These continue to change. Occupancy in hotels and restaurants is limited and could also create challenges. Hence, the Board and Hausmann’s has made the decision to cancel. It is disappointing situation for all of us.

We will start planning next year’s event immediately, for September 15-18, 2021. Our goal for next year’s event is to provide a truly event worthy of being called The Vintage Gunners Annual World Side X Side and Rifle Championship. We are fully intent on providing an event that all our members can be proud of and a celebration of our shooting heritage. We hope that our exhibitors and shooting participants will join us next year.

At next year’s Vintage Gunner Cup, I look forward to shaking hands with old friends, enjoying the comradery of standing beside fellow gun enthusiasts while inspecting my next potential purchase and not having to figure out who is behind the mask. Again, the 2021 Vintage Gunners Cup will be September 15-18, 2021.

Everyone continue to be safe, and Hammers Back!

Tom Snyder

President, The Vintage Gunners
Unread 07-20-2020, 12:40 PM   #6
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,599 Times in 1,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Corona View Post
If you like to shoot then Mike's is the place. Nothing against Ernie's but Mike knows how to set interesting targets and he's giving away free beer this year.

So.... who's coming?
Well that does it. I will be there for sure now. Thanks for the valuable information Daryl.

I was just saying last evening that this shoot and the Tulsa show would most likely not happen, very disappointing. I have heard nothing on the Tulsa show but I doubt it happen this fall.
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2020, 12:53 PM   #7
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I really hope you make it Randy. Don't be disappointed if the beer thing doesn't come off but there will be plenty of adult beverages after the shooting is finished under the grove of trees where the dogs are kept under the shade.

And as for you Harold.... I understand you are semi-retired so I expect to see your smiling face in the crowd.
Unread 07-20-2020, 12:55 PM   #8
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

In observance of 'forum decorum' I won't say what I really want to and will only say this REALLY SUCKS!!!

It kinda reminds me of when our previous POTUS shut down federal parks during the budget shortfall shutdowns.... and that was just plain stupid!

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2020, 01:00 PM   #9
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,599 Times in 1,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Corona View Post
I really hope you make it Randy. Don't be disappointed if the beer thing doesn't come off but there will be plenty of adult beverages after the shooting is finished under the grove of trees where the dogs are kept under the shade.

And as for you Harold.... I understand you are semi-retired so I expect to see your smiling face in the crowd.
Actually Daryl I am planning on being there barring disaster. I already have my room and cart booked. Looking forward to it.
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 07-20-2020, 01:19 PM   #10
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

[QUOTE=Dean Romig;307538]In observance of 'forum decorum' I won't say what I really want to and will only say this REALLY SUCKS!!!

It kinda reminds me of when our previous POTUS shut down federal parks during the budget shortfall shutdowns.... and that was just plain stupid!

Stupid ain't the correct term Dean. We are now subjects of the various politicians who are keeping this political virus alive.