Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums PGCA Member Questions & Announcements

Notices

“The Doubles Club” Program...
Unread 09-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,158 Times in 823 Posts

Default “The Doubles Club” Program...

Your Parker Gun Collectors Association Board of Directors has approved a brand new program entitled “The Doubles Club”.

A special pin has been created utilizing the old style Parker Bros. letterhead featuring two Parkers, one hammer gun and one hammerless, with the familiar woodcock. The pin is silver and a handsome addition to your hunting cap, vest, or gun club attire. A facsimile is affixed for you.

The program is simple and relies on the honor system, of which we know all PGCA members subscribe. The specific requirements to become a member of “The Doubles Club” are as follows:
  • You must be a member of the PGCA in good standing.
  • You must have shot “A Double” with a Parker Gun.
  • Only listed game birds apply: i.e. doves, ducks, geese, grouse, woodcock et al
  • The definition of “A Double” is: both birds must be in the air at the same time. That eliminates the often probability of a bird rising after the first bird is dispatched and you then score on the second riser with the second barrel.

Should your expertise, keen shooting eye, or even the remote possibility of luck being a factor result in a sort of “holy grail” of wingshooting and you wish to be a part of this elite Club, send a note or e-mail that includes the month, day and year and specie of birds shot to

Mary Bowes
PGCA Membership
477 Ocean Avenue
Wells, Maine 04090

or pgcamembership@gmail.com . She will, in turn, send you this special pin and a letter acknowledging accomplishment of this feat.

Pins are not limited to only one double shot but our Chairman will be suspicious of any hats ringed with doubles pins. I assured him that our fine and honorable members are of the highest order and would only have to live with themselves should any imagination be linked to such “dead eye” shots.

Good luck and good shooting,

Art Wheaton
President
John Dunkle is online now   Reply With Quote
"Doubling Down" for PGCA
Unread 09-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default "Doubling Down" for PGCA

Hi Art- very nice addition to our Logo- the PGCA membership pin I received as well as the Parker Pages- I won't compare those with other double gun groups, as I 'walk both sides of the road" .
I am, a die-hard waterfowler, and I also belong to two Michigan based hunt clubs, Tower shoots on pheasants and pigeons- hard to gauge a true double at that venue, as they usually release one bird at a time (especially on the pheasants) and there may be as many as 20 "guns" at stands ringing the elevated tower and box-

I shoot flighting barn pigeons almost year around, and have nailed a few "dead a pair in the air" with either my 12 gauge GHE or my 12 Smiths- a 2E and a 3E.
have doubled on mallards twice in the last 5 seasons (60 days here) but NOT with the Parker-so as much as I would like a pin

Good luck at the Vintagers this coming week-end. I have a younger sister in Ocean City MD- hope to attend someday- Francis Morin
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
Art Wheaton
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Francis...

Keep plugging away and maybe this is the year for a duck double with a Parker. Havent shot a double on grouse and/or woodcock and maybe this is the year. Good luck to you.

Vintager was great on Fri and Sat...Sat night rain and a real mess for Sunday..lots of folks bailed out with soupy grounds. A good turnout for the dinner..104 and a great gun show of 16 ga Parkers with an A1 Special winning the Peoples choice award.

No decision on next years venue yet.. The board will be looking at a number of opitons

Good shooting

Art Wheaton
Art Wheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Art Wheaton For Your Post:
Next years annual PGCA and Vintagers
Unread 09-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #4
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Next years annual PGCA and Vintagers

[quote=Art Wheaton;4710]Francis...

Keep plugging away and maybe this is the year for a duck double with a Parker. Havent shot a double on grouse and/or woodcock and maybe this is the year. Good luck to you.

Vintager was great on Fri and Sat...Sat night rain and a real mess for Sunday..lots of folks bailed out with soupy grounds. A good turnout for the dinner..104 and a great gun show of 16 ga Parkers with an A1 Special winning the Peoples choice award. Good shooting-- Thanks Art- a true double from the old Orvis pin days might have been on a pair of: ruffed grouse, woodcock, snipe, pheasants, etc both flushed and airborne together- However, as a grouse and a woodcock seem to have different flight characteristics when flushed, I would consider a gentleman who took cleanly both a grouse and a woodcock with two shots from a side-by-side (Parker preferred) to be most skilled wingshot and with a gun well fitted to his shooting style.

Yesterday I was "scouting" area dairy farms with drain ponds, etc. for our coming waterfowl season, opening in our Zone on Sat. 10th Oct. Saw beaucoup Canadas at my "opener morning" farm, and did take the GHE and some AA reloads for barn pigeons- had a red letter day Thanks again for your kind replies.. Francis Morin
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
where are the pins ?
Unread 01-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
Bill Faulk
Banned

Member Info

Unhappy where are the pins ?

Hi,
I sent in a double info in early November..received note that it was received..have not heard any more ??
william faulk
william faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Doubles Pin
Unread 01-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
Art Wheaton
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default Doubles Pin

Mr. Faulk

We will be glad to check into your question on the Doubles Pin. It should be no problem and probably a simple oversight.

Congratulations in any event. Anyone that shoots a double is worthy of such a pin. Maybe someday I'll get lucky or the second bird will have a heart attack.

Best Regards

Art Wheaton
Art Wheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Doubles Club
Unread 01-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
Austin W Hogan
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Default Doubles Club

The Doubles Club Members, as of 1 Jan 11 will be listed in the issue of Parker Pages now being readied for press.

Best Austin
Austin W Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Doubles Club Program
Unread 02-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
Richard Carlson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default The Doubles Club Program

When will the member list for the program be updated, The roster that is posted is dated 2009, I believe that that was the year the program was started.
Richard Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #9
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

Scroll down the page a bit.........
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote