Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Man's Best Friend

Notices

Halo collar containment system
Unread 12-31-2023, 12:24 PM   #1
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,976 Times in 1,126 Posts

Default Halo collar containment system

Has anyone here had any experience with what I perceive to be a relatively new electronic collar for containment called the Halo collar?

It is a new concept based on a not-so-new system that utilizes GPS coordinates to allow the user to create a perimeter barrier on an app. No wires to bury, no distance to not exceed from a transmitter, just a line perimeter that you create on a map, using the app.

I have tragically lost too many dogs due to living near a highway, and have hesitated getting myself another retriever until I could be reasonably sure that an electronic containment system could actually help. This system isn't cheap, but I would be willing to pay the price if I could be reassured of it's effectiveness.

https://www.halocollar.com/shop-wire...=Halo%20(Exact)

I have no interest in this company other than as a customer, but If posting this link is in violation of any rules here I will gladly withdraw same. It is posted merely as information, not as advertisement.
Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2023, 02:31 PM   #2
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,948 Times in 1,437 Posts

Looks great. I kind of like the idea that this is portable. You could use this when you are camping to allow the dog to hang around camp without wandering off.
I use my Garmin collar to know where my dogs are when I don't stake them out but I need to regularly check their location.
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Phillip Carr For Your Post:
Unread 01-01-2024, 05:19 AM   #3
Tenth Legion
PGCA Member

Member Info

Halo didn’t work for me and my new GSP. Very poor battery life and continuous lost connect ion between phone and collar. Maine is rather rural with areas of spotty connectivity. Customer service informed me the collar was eligible for a full refund (neglected to mention that the day we spoke was the 60th and last day of their guarantee) I went with Garmin TT15X at the suggestions of folks in PGCA. Works absolutely wonderful, wish I’d gone there first.
Unread 01-02-2024, 07:25 AM   #4
John Davis
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,313 Times in 1,239 Posts

We bought the Halo collar containment system. I don’t have the patience to fool with it. IMO, it’s one of those easier said than done things. Another expensive gimmick gathering dust on the shelf. I take full responsibility for its failure.

"Oh Christ, just shoot the damn thing."
Destry L. Hoffard
John Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Davis For Your Post: