Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 01-02-2017, 10:07 AM   #71
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,695 Times in 1,233 Posts

I grew up shooting my grandfather's and my Dad's 16 ga. VH on grouse, woodcock and pheasants here in Massachusetts and just outside of Boston when there was no shortage of native birds. My uncles all shot Parkers, albeit high grades than the VH I was shooting. My brother and I were told constantly by my Dad and two uncles that Parkers were the best American made doubles by far. But this is as far as my knowledge went. They were great guns and you didn't need to shoot any other gun. Until I joined the PGCA, I never realized or even gave it a thought hat there was so much history and information to be learned about the Parker (or as we say here in New England, 'Parka'.) PGCA events such as the one we just had at Major Waldron's have allowed me another vehicle to not only make new friends and acquaintances but increase my knowledge of these fine old guns. I come away from these events and forums reflecting on how little I know and how far I must go to gain an increase in my knowledge base on Parkers. I most appreciate the times at these events when I can inquire and more than that just listen to the gents who know so much more about Parkers, their manufacture et al, So, I say, let's continue these events and bring in more youth to the PGCA community so we can insure these guns continue to be appreciated and treasured for years to come. They are indeed a part of America's history and sporting culture. Thanks again for yesterday's event at Major Waldron's. And thanks to the club for hosting us. Oh and I apologize for the length of this post. I'm just in a sentimental mood right now and felt the emotional urge to communicate with you all.
allen newell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to allen newell For Your Post:
Unread 01-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #72
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,599 Times in 1,016 Posts

Most eloquently put, Allen. I wish a broader strata of our current crop of 'experts' had a similar degree of sensitivity, understanding and humility regarding knowledge of The Parker Gun. Happy New Year!
Kevin McCormack is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin McCormack For Your Post:
PICS
Unread 01-02-2017, 04:04 PM   #73
FRANK HALSEY
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default PICS

Where are all the pictures I love looking at? It is too long of a drive for me but I live it though you guys. Frank
FRANK HALSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2017, 05:16 PM   #74
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,291 Times in 861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK HALSEY View Post
Where are all the pictures I love looking at? It is too long of a drive for me but I live it though you guys. Frank
Frank- there is another thread on this shoot and the pictures are there.
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote