Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 01-25-2021, 01:33 PM   #11
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,147 Times in 622 Posts

Dennis, I had the hardest time finding pinfire cases. There were some 20 gauge primed hull on GunBroker for a awhile, but the are no longer there(and wrong gauge...). Though I might keep looking. I really didn't want to convert centerfire shells as I wanted a a true pinfire shell for the gun. The only place I found was expensive but high quality.

I order 24 and figure they would last me a lifetime. Here is the link: http://www.hlebooks.com/pinfire/cal16-01.htm

And I attached a few pictures of when I first got them a few months ago. I haven't shot them yet and I really don't have a good excuse. The gun is a recent purchase and my first pinfire as well. I will load these up this week and post a range report.

Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1.jpg (268.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg p2.jpg (133.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg p3.jpg (210.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg p11.jpg (237.3 KB, 2 views)
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post:
Unread 01-25-2021, 01:41 PM   #12
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,147 Times in 622 Posts

Now back to the initial discussion. This was the response from Clay and Game in England:

Thank you for your e-mail and interest in the PC Wads.

Quote:
To dispatch these over to the USA we would need to apply for an export license. These cover quantity of goods and value for two years, so we only get them for large distribution customers. Order quantities for this sort of item, to cover the overhead costs of shipping would need to be purchased by the pallet or container load. This I know puts it out of a normal customers realm of possibility. At the moment we have had no distribution interest. If there were a company in the USA that was willing to invest in stocks, then we would be happy to work with them on the supply of the wads.

I am sorry that we have been unable to supply what you are looking for.

If you do know of any one who would want to stock the products for USA distribution, please do not hesitate to have them contact us.
That probably doesn't makes sense for just wads, but I am sure there are other English products(from this company) that would also have demand. I wonder if they could sell through some of the more prominent distributors/dealers here in the US?
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post:
Unread 04-14-2023, 12:39 PM   #13
neil steven
Forum Associate

Member Info

I know that this is an old post, but if you want them I could forward a package.
However , FWIW, I would be hesitant to use them in a gun with bore diameter < .835".
In one gun , (breech loader)with 70th choke I could not even push the wad through with a rod. This might not be an issue with very light lead loads.
Re: muzzleloaders - usually bored at .835" - at muzzle anyway; but as these are frequently tighter at middle third and relieved behind there will quite possibly be resistance in "ramming" these wads, and possibly a problem in the loading process. I have not gone as far as the firing stage, so far.
neil steven is offline   Reply With Quote