Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers Wild Game Recipes

Notices

Unread 08-15-2020, 09:19 PM   #21
24 grams
Forum Associate

Member Info

Buy yourself a set of decent metal skewers (flat, not square) for the grill, and employ any of the suggestions above.
Dove breast in the middle, a piece of onion on one side, a 1/2 jalapeno on the other, and all wrapped in a piece of bacon.
Skewer it, and repeat.
Pretty hard to screw up.
Steven Groh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Groh For Your Post:
Unread 10-19-2020, 09:07 AM   #22
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,898 Times in 1,112 Posts

This thread seems to have run it's course, so I decided to include our non-grilled recipe for doves. My wife created this many years ago, and it remains one of my favorites, if a little time consuming.

Salt and pepper whole dove breasts and simmer very slowly in olive oil in a cast iron skillet. When the pink is gone on the outside remove them from the oil and drain. Replace them with strips of green peppers, onions if you like, and fresh sliced 'shrooms. Sautee these veggies until almost done, then return the dove breasts to the pan and add worcestershire and soy sauce to taste. We like a little more soy than worcestershire.

Simmer slowly until the breasts are within about two minutes of ready. Then, remove the lid and pour in a cup of sweet, white wine. Blue Nun is what we use. Cover again and simmer for a couple more minutes, and it's ready.

The breasts will be whole but very tender, and the wine, olive oil, soy and worcestershire will have reduced to a wonderful, dark liquid. Serve over rice.

This presents well, if you're having guests over who enjoy doves, and tastes out of this world. Bet you won't have any left over!

Enjoy, SRH
Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stan Hillis For Your Post:
Unread 12-24-2020, 12:46 PM   #23
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,454 Times in 3,381 Posts

I like to breast them out rinse pat dry then put some sort of Cajun or creole seasoning on them put them in a Tupperware container and let them rest in the frig for 24-48 hours . Then I take half a piece of bacon stretch it over the breast put them in the oven and broil until the bacons done . I can usually eat 12-15 breasts as long as I have some fried taters , cole slaw and a couple squares of cornbread
Unread 12-24-2020, 12:48 PM   #24
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,454 Times in 3,381 Posts

We’re going to do late season dove hunt/s on 12/30 - 12/31 depending on weather conditions . Hopefully I can get enough for a meal !