Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #11
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

The gun room at KTP can get pretty busy at times. Was Mr. Dunkle in attendance when you were at KTP?

I've spent a bit of time at the Weathervane enjoying raw cherrystones and oysters washed down with a splash of JD but "unless you haven't eaten in days" can't bring myself to ever set foot in the dining rooms again.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #12
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,547 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
The gun room at KTP can get pretty busy at times. Was Mr. Dunkle in attendance when you were at KTP?
I have to plead ignorance (any 1st year law student could win that case) and am embarassed to say, I don't know John by sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
I've spent a bit of time at the Weathervane enjoying raw cherrystones and oysters washed down with a splash of JD but "unless you haven't eaten in days" can't bring myself to ever set foot in the dining rooms again.
Funny you should mention that; Our friends from Union have precisely the same opinion of the Weathervane dining room. Something akin to a backwoods colonic.
Having spent a few minutes on the bench with yesterday's KTP purchase, Kittery may not be a regular stop on my trips north anymore. To say I'm disgusted may be a bit mild.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #13
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarspencer View Post
The trading post has the same Parkers they had last September
Did someone mention John Dunkle works there?
Pete Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #14
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarspencer View Post
Having spent a few minutes on the bench with yesterday's KTP purchase, Kittery may not be a regular stop on my trips north anymore. To say I'm disgusted may be a bit mild.

I stop at KTP about once a month and that's not enough... I've missed a lot of good Parkers by not being there at the "right time" but I've never had a bad experience there... all have been positive in one way or another.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 02-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #15
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,370 Posts

I have been gong to the KTP since before I had a drivers license. It's a neat place and the firearms section still trades and buys just about everything, from old guns to old ammo, reloaders, bags of lead, holsters, cases etc. I think they still pay a few bucks for green deer hides. Sometimes you can find a good deal, a really good deal if they misidentify something. I was fortunate to find a mismarked graded Parker once. I also saw a VHE sell as a VH, sub $1K, because I was there when somebody was already looking at it, hoping they would put it back and look at something else when I saw the forend come off, they bought it. Sometimes they take in a pig in a poke, unknowingly I think, because most used guns with issues have a price reflecting the issues. Unless they bought it wrong. Sometimes they mismark the other way too, a Remington 1900 advertised and priced as a Remington 1894 sitting for more than year comes to mind. However in the business of selling used things, caveat emptor still applies. They have some good people working there along with JD, it's good to know the managers. If you are not happy let one of them know, privately. I am fortunate, I live 15 to 20 min drive away. I still miss most of the good stuff, but every now and then....
Pete Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pete Lester For Your Post:
Unread 02-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #16
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

I've had very good dealings in the past. This particular gun had been there since I looked at it last September, So I called and negotiated a lower price. They wouldn't honor it after I drove 3 hours saying "Well, he's not here..." Also, I wasn't familiar with 3 different SNs inside still meaning 'all original'. I'll change the broken carrier spring myself simply because I have one, and don't feel like driving another 6 hours. I bought it as a project, and now it certainly is and then some.
Unread 02-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #17
Holeshot
PGCA Member

Member Info

Every one should have 1 pieced together parker. I wonder how many of us have 1? I have a trojan with a hammer gun forend iron. Dave
David Holes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #18
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

This was a Take Down Deluxe 1894 Winchester
Unread 02-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #19
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

i have the prettest johnny cash gun you ever saw...i changed the forarm release on it and it made 5 differant parts from other guns i know...but what a beauty she is.... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #20
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

My interest was peaked with the DHE damascuss 20 at Cabelas untill I saw the price $16K One of their stores sold a DHE 20 2 bbl set (not with cut bbls) last year for $6K. Makes me think my GH 16/20 damascuss combo I'm asking $5900 forisn't such a bad deal afterall
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote