Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Importing Firearms into USA
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
thestelster
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Importing Firearms into USA

Here is the ATF Guide Book for Importing Firearms http://www.atf.gov/firearms/guides/i...ms-form-6.html

In the guide is the following:
Non-Licensed Resident of the U.S.
Any person residing in the U.S. who does not hold an FFL. A non-licensed resident of the U.S may obtain an approved ATF F 6 (Part I) import permit to import sporting ammunition for his or her own use but not for resale or other commercial purpose. However, a non-licensed resident of the U.S. may not obtain an approved ATF Form 6 import permit to import nonsporting ammunition or any firearm. Any non-licensee who desires to import a firearm into the U.S. must have the firearm imported on his or her behalf by a qualified FFL, and the subsequent transfer of the firearm to the non-licensee must be in compliance with Federal, State and local law.
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Chris T.
PGCA Member

Member Info

What's the question? I have done this before, go through your local shop with an FFL. Fill out the form, have the dealer sign and mail it, they will have to go to customs to pick it up and pay the duty. It's not a big deal if you find a dealer who is willing to go to the airport to pick it up. Any one with an FFL can do this for you without an inport/export license.
Chris Travinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
thestelster
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Travinski View Post
What's the question? I have done this before, go through your local shop with an FFL. Fill out the form, have the dealer sign and mail it, they will have to go to customs to pick it up and pay the duty. It's not a big deal if you find a dealer who is willing to go to the airport to pick it up. Any one with an FFL can do this for you without an inport/export license.
That's what I thought as well. I've been trying to sell some of my firearms over the last couple of weeks, have garnered great interest, but almost everyone has been posting horror stories about the process. And the last thing I want is for the gun to get stuck at the border wrapped up in red tape for months!
Unread 02-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
Chris T.
PGCA Member

Member Info

For what it's worth, my experience wasn't like that at all. I didn't have to wait, the duty wasn't alot of money, and my friend with the FFL went right through customs.
Chris Travinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
Blind Dog
Forum Associate

Member Info

This discussion is a good example of the hesitation and confusion the increased and ambiguous politically motivated regulations are placing on those who would get this economy going again.
Fred Preston is offline   Reply With Quote