Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-22-2019, 06:24 PM   #21
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,469 Times in 3,042 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Buckley View Post
Let's Dream: CHE 28 Gauge, 00 Frame, Fluid Steel 30" Barrels Choked IC/M, 2 3/4" chambers, straight stock/splinter forearm 14 1/2" LOP X 1 3/4" X 2 3/4", Single Trigger, Skeleton Butt Plate, 5lbs 8oz weight, my initials MPB to be engraved in a gold oval on bottom of stock, to be used for early season Ringnecks on my SW MN Farm.
Matt, what a gun this will be! Better plant a few more warm season grass buffers on your farm to hold more pheasants. You will likely never miss with this gun.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2019, 07:04 PM   #22
Kirk Potter
PGCA Member

Member Info

"A" grade top lever hammer gun, 16 gauge on an 0 frame, 28" fluid steel barrels choked IC/MOD.. CPG stock with SKBP.
Kirk Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kirk Potter For Your Post:
Unread 02-22-2019, 07:14 PM   #23
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,083 Times in 2,380 Posts

I'm with Reggie... BHE 32" 28ga, straight grip, sfe, ssbp, dt, 14 5/8" lop, 1 /12 x 2 1/2, .018/.024, weight to be 6-6.25 lbs., non-automatic safety, skeletal top lever and trigger guard, roundel on bottom with vignette of my Lab with a quail in his mouth and doves, pheasants and quail engraved on sides. "Made for D. C. Corona on top rib, let's see anything I've forgotten? Oh yes, a gold compass inletted into the left side of stock of a killer piece of wood. Nah, just kidding about the compass but it has to have killer wood.
Unread 02-22-2019, 07:16 PM   #24
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,781 Times in 4,717 Posts

AAHE 28 gauge 32" Bernard barrels if available, Damascus if Bernards are not available. There should be a set of Bernards in the junk pile since no one ever ordered them. Bore them as tight as possible. Flat tapered rib, no extension rib and no safety on this pigeon gun. Straight grip for raciness, unplated, checkered double triggers for versatility, #1 size stock and skeleton butt on a sharp curve to stick to my shoulder, one big gold bead to save the elephants, engraving bold and deep, no birds or dogs, all scroll, to shield the engravers from criticism in the future. Gold plated screws and hardware on the long splinter forend as we recently saw on the forum.
Bill Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 02-22-2019, 07:21 PM   #25
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Potter View Post
"A" grade top lever hammer gun, 16 gauge on an 0 frame, 28" fluid steel barrels choked IC/MOD.. CPG stock with SKBP.
Wow, an A grade hammer 16! I'm backsliding on my choice again.

Thanks for responding.
Unread 02-22-2019, 07:24 PM   #26
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Corona View Post
I'm with Reggie... BHE 32" 28ga, straight grip, sfe, ssbp, dt, 14 5/8" lop, 1 /12 x 2 1/2, .018/.024, weight to be 6-6.25 lbs., non-automatic safety, skeletal top lever and trigger guard, roundel on bottom with vignette of my Lab with a quail in his mouth and doves, pheasants and quail engraved on sides. "Made for D. C. Corona on top rib, let's see anything I've forgotten? Oh yes, a gold compass inletted into the left side of stock of a killer piece of wood. Nah, just kidding about the compass but it has to have killer wood.
Whew, you had me worried there when you wanted to put a compass in that "killer wood" butt stock! I like the skeletal top lever and trigger guard touch. I don't recall, did Parker ever do that on a BHE grade? Don't worry, though, whatever the case, your order will include that (very nice) specification. ;-)
Unread 02-22-2019, 07:25 PM   #27
Ken Hill
PGCA Member

Member Info

If only dreams could come true! I would want a 20ga 0-frame AHE with 30" steel barrels weighing as close to 6lbs as possible. This will be a straight stock/ splinter DT gun with a LOP of 15 1/8" and DAH of 2 3/8". This gun will have special deep engraving similar to the flower motif. The bottom of the receiver will have 4 special setters engraved. This is an upland bird gun.

Ken
Ken Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ken Hill For Your Post:
Unread 02-22-2019, 07:28 PM   #28
John Davis
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,247 Times in 1,227 Posts

SA1 Special. 34 inch barrel, straight stock.

"Oh Christ, just shoot the damn thing."
Destry L. Hoffard
John Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Davis For Your Post:
Unread 02-22-2019, 07:32 PM   #29
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
AAHE 28 gauge 32" Bernard barrels if available, Damascus if Bernards are not available. There should be a set of Bernards in the junk pile since no one ever ordered them. Bore them as tight as possible. Flat tapered rib, no extension rib and no safety on this pigeon gun. Straight grip for raciness, unplated, checkered double triggers for versatility, #1 size stock and skeleton butt on a sharp curve to stick to my shoulder, one big gold bead to save the elephants, engraving bold and deep, no birds or dogs, all scroll, to shield the engravers from criticism in the future. Gold plated screws and hardware on the long splinter forend as we recently saw on the forum.
Bill, I checked, and there are 32" 28 gauge barrels available! I wonder just how tight the Bros. Parker could bore a 28 gauge.

I, and the elephants (not to mention the engravers), thank you for your order!
Unread 02-22-2019, 07:33 PM   #30
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Hill View Post
If only dreams could come true! I would want a 20ga 0-frame AHE with 30" steel barrels weighing as close to 6lbs as possible. This will be a straight stock/ splinter DT gun with a LOP of 15 1/8" and DAH of 2 3/8". This gun will have special deep engraving similar to the flower motif. The bottom of the receiver will have 4 special setters engraved. This is an upland bird gun.

Ken
Ken, An upland gun for sure! I'll get you rush delivery IF you let me shoot it.