Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 03-19-2017, 06:23 PM   #11
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,773 Times in 2,006 Posts

Good job, I use that load a lot, esp. for informal sporting clays. I have not had any crimp problems with my cut-down Herters/cheddite shells
Unread 03-20-2017, 05:42 AM   #12
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Looks like the short Mec is going to do fine.

I have about 500 once fired in a pump black 16 g Remington hulls. Last night cut one just ahead of the brass and compared to a chut Cheddite. Both straight walled, Remington side wall thicker. Base inside is higher than the Cheddite. Most data shows about 1/2 g less powder in the Remington's probably due less internal capacity. Trimmed one down to 2 9/16 and loaded, perfect crimp.

Taking the Remington 31 and a Cronograph to the club range this week Cronograph and pattern short and long , Cheddite and Remington 3/4 oz, fold and roll plus some spreader loads. I need to settle on 3 loads before nice weather gets here. 7/8 3/4 and a 3/4 short spreader I can use in any 16. The 7/8 and spreader are already good, if the short 3/4 proves ok will load & shoot and forget about experiments until next winter.

William
William Davis is offline   Reply With Quote