Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 08-04-2016, 09:36 AM   #21
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

As a people we want what we can't have either by perception or reality. If the talk is to ban black guns then lets run out and buy two because we can today but maybe not in the future. It applies to ammo shortages as well, 22LR is hard to find so buy it wherever and as often as you can even if you don't use it, same with 45ACP, 9mm pick a caliber. Reloading brass is hard to find and I'm always ;looking for something, right now it's 500 N.E. 3" cases but it's always going to be something.

By nature we are hoarders. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it
Unread 08-06-2016, 12:02 PM   #22
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

For the same reason people buy another Parker - because you can. They're fun to shoot. Because anything the liberals hate. And most of all, they're not assault rifles but modern sporting arms. Assault is something someone does be it with fist, clubs, knives, or a gun. It's about personal responsibility, something that doesn't get mentioned.
Visit Paul Harm's homepage!
Unread 08-07-2016, 09:22 AM   #23
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,605 Times in 2,666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hodges View Post
Just a question. Why do folks seem to need to keep up with the "black gun" purchases an ammo to go with it? Honest question.
Because of this, from the front pages of the latest NRA magazine. Some people want to engage in close quarters battle such as in schools, theaters, nightclubs ,urban areas and from cars. They call these "modern sporting weapons" but I am unclear on what "sport" they are talking about .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (501.5 KB, 2 views)
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2016, 10:05 AM   #24
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

Have you ever heard of " Three Gun Action "? And if you need a weapon to defend in close quarters maybe that is the one to have. Bruce, everyone here knows you'd like to pick and chose what type of gun American citizens should be able to own. It's the same crap anti gunners preach all the time. They're semi autos and you don't like the way they look. It's not the gun, it's the person behind it.
Unread 08-07-2016, 10:59 AM   #25
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,605 Times in 2,666 Posts

Paul I know. Some people just have to have modern sporting weapon assault rifles to prepare for the coming apocalypse, police that don't act the way they should, urban dwellers who drive out from the city to rob and pillage, Democrats in office, and Godless elected officials. Also I realize there are those hunters who feel compelled to empty a 15 round magazine at a deer or coyote as it runs across a pasture.

Who am I to deny those people their God given right to own any gun or weapon they chose up to and including 50 cal machine guns and hand grenades?

I have personal experience with 20mm gatling guns with explosive shells. Now those would really do a job on those who threaten, real or imaginary, a person's lifestyle.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2016, 05:12 PM   #26
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

The AR platform has been around for 50 some years, and now all of a sudden because some left wing liberal democrats want to call it an assault weapon means there's something wrong with them is complete nonsense. After the 1st WW all the returning GIs used bolt actions because that's what they were used to. After the 2nd WW everyone wanted a M1, because that's what they were use to. After Naum the men started turning to ARs because that's what they were used to. Many home defense instructors like the AR because it's short, easy to handle, and no recoil. They recommend them to be kept in the bedroom where even a woman can handle one with ease. And if there's three or four intruders a 30 round magazine will take care of them. When did the subject change to machine guns or hand grenades ? And I never said anything about what is in your first paragraph, it's just your weak attempt to reinforce your anti gun attitude. What about swords, knives, or trucks ? They all have been used recently for assaults - you want to ban them also ? What it boils down to is you don't like guns with large magazines. If a Republican doesn't like something, he doesn't buy it. If a Democrat doesn't like something, he wants to outlaw it so no one can buy it. Guess that's the difference between us.
Unread 08-07-2016, 06:16 PM   #27
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

The anti gun crowd would like to chip away at our 2nd Amendment rights. First outlaw some type of weapon, then maybe large capacity magazines, then maybe high taxes on ammo. Each time we'll loose some gun owners and pretty soon where won't be enough to fight them. Then we'll look like England or Australia. If we don't stand together we won't have anything to stand for. Either you're pro gun, or anti gun. If you don't like the way a gun looks, or the size of the magazine, and like to see then outlawed, then you're doing what the anti gunners want and you might as well call yourself anti gun. I do. It's black and white. There's no in between. The NRA is the only reason any of us own a gun today.
Unread 08-08-2016, 10:12 AM   #28
Kensal Rise
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,575 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Harm View Post
The anti gun crowd would like to chip away at our 2nd Amendment rights...
Ahem...
With all due respect to the various posters, please allow me to offer a solution this problem via some judicious alteration of the US Constitution's 2nd Amendment:

ORIGINALLY:
“A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

ALTERNATIVELY:
A well demonized and maligned militia, being UNnecessary to the security of a police state, the right of the people to keep and, with government approval, bear Federally-approved and aesthetically threatening arms, shall occasionally be infringed at the discretion of the President and/or Department of Justice.

Do I hear any takers? Oh... perhaps one...
John Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Campbell For Your Post:
Unread 08-08-2016, 10:35 AM   #29
King Brown
Forum Associate

Member Info

Paul, I don't see it the way you do---but that's okay. This one was lost long ago. Cultural change in democratic societies i.e. chewing and spitting tobacco, smoking in public places and currently vociferous social unrest with inequality.

Black and white may have worked in the Wild West. Our countries are changing at almost light speed. Finding accommodation for Reason is worrying multicultural worlds where isolation and leave-me-alone isn't the answer.

You are correct about the NRA playing the strongest role to protect US shooting interests in the money game. Political parties are unreliable. All the more reason to be wary of introducing arbitrary loyalty injunctions which divide our shooting fraternities.

We didn't do this in Canada and the result was reasonably satisfactory. We're a different culture, a different country and, looking at the circus south these days, whatever Canada is the US isn't. Sticking together is key.
King Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #30
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,041 Times in 12,322 Posts

The one thing that separates us on this issue King, is that almost two-and-a-half centuries ago we chose to no longer be 'subjects' of the Realm but to be citizen soldiers, never again to be oppressed. And to never give up our arms... to anybody or any government.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: