Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums PGCA Member Questions & Announcements

Notices

2017 Silent Auction
Unread 12-01-2016, 03:31 PM   #1
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,770 Times in 635 Posts

Default 2017 Silent Auction

Dear Friends and Members of the Parker Gun Collector's Association

The 2017 PGCA Annual Meeting and Banquet will be held on Friday January 20th 2017 at the Westgate Resort in Las Vegas NV. It will include, among other exciting features, the PGCA Silent Auction fundraiser. Due to the support from both PGCA Members and businesses that specialize in sporting related products the Silent Auction has been extremely successful in generating much needed revenue to help defray the ever increasing costs of operating this fine organization.

The items to be donated need not be new; just something you think might be of interest to your fellow PGCA members. In the past some of the best items were handmade items from some of our talented members. Please look around at your accumulations of shooting and sporting equipment for items you thought you needed but find you can now do without and contact either Dean Romig or Larry Frey for a shipping address. The auction is a benefit to our entire membership and we thank you for your continued support.
Larry Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry Frey For Your Post:
Unread 12-03-2016, 10:27 PM   #2
JLoew
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,143 Times in 830 Posts

The silent auction is one of the main attractions of the banquet for me. I love bidding on the neat things our members have donated. In the next couple of weeks my brother and I are going snipe hunting in FL with PGCA member Bob Hayes at his Little Lake Lodge- this trip was purchase last March in Baltimore.
Josh Loewensteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2016, 09:37 AM   #3
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

We just want to give another reminder to anyone interested in donating to this years PGCA Silent Auction that we only have about three weeks left before our 2017 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas. Any items being shipped to Dean or myself should arrive by 1/10 so we have time to process them. If someone has an item they intend to bring with them please let us know in advance so we can enter it into the system which will save work at the event. This fundraiser relies solely on donations from the membership and supporting businesses and we thank all those that contribute to this important event.
Unread 12-22-2016, 10:48 AM   #4
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

Tom Pero of Wild River Press has very generously donated the Leather Bound Limited Edition of the newly minted "New England Grouse Shooting" by William Harnden Foster, originally published in 1942 - the year after his untimely death.

This new leather-bound limited edition publication by Wild River Press will soon prove to become a collectors item - as has the first edition, first printing from '42.

You don't need to be from New England to appreciate Foster's great writing about the early days of his family's hunting style. The Little Gun, the story of that sixteen-gauge hammer Parker from "the dusty little plant down in Meriden" (still owned by a member of the Foster family) is the first chapter and is a favorite of we Parker-shooting grouse hunters.

NOTE: The book depicted is NOT the leather-bound Limited Edition

The leather-bound Limited Edition is currently for sale for $250 from Wild River Press.
When these are (soon) out of stock, who knows what price they will command on the collector book market?

Be the lucky winning bidder on the fabulous Limited Edition!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEGS.jpg (131.0 KB, 3 views)

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 12-24-2016, 09:36 PM   #5
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

TTT

Unread 01-05-2017, 09:04 PM   #6
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

The 2017 Banquet and Silent Auction are almost here and I wanted to remind those that are attending to bring there checkbooks as we have many great items and more are coming in. Aside from that great book that Dean listed there will be certificates for cases of shells from our friends at RST, certs for restoration work from Brian Dudley and Brad Bachalders shop. We will once again have a beautifully engraved in the Parker style cigar cutter from Geoffroy Gournet as well as a made to order pair of Sportsman's Chukka's from Russell Moccasin. PGCA member Bob Hayes has generously donated a three day hunt for Osceola Turkey at his Little Lake Lodge in Florida. These items and others will be available to bid on and could be a great value. The PGCA thanks all who contributed as well as the lucky winners.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry Frey For Your Post:
Unread 01-12-2017, 10:40 PM   #7
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

We have just received word that Pineridge Grouse Camp has donated a four-day, three-night grouse hunting trip valued at $2700. All expenses, except travel, are included. That's meals, lodging, guide service, dogs, ammunition, license, are all included. Don't miss this one - it was a real hot item at last year's Silent Auction.

Check this out... http://www.pineridgegrousecamp.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 01-13-2017, 08:18 AM   #8
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Just a reminder that we are not set up to accept credit cards so cash or checks will be needed for the winning bidders.
Unread 01-23-2017, 09:44 PM   #9
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

On behalf of the entire PGCA membership, we would like to thank the following members and businesses for their donations to our 2017 PGCA Silent Auction. A big thank you is also in order for those members who bid on and won some of the wonderful items that were presented at this years event. Do to the generosity of these contributors and bidders we were able to raise $4,910.00 for the Parker Gun Collectors Association.

Angel Cruz
Brad Bachelder (Bachelder Master Gun Makers)
Brian Dudley (BMD Gun Stocks)
Bob Mowry (Burl Bob)
David Lein
Geoffroy Gournet (Gournet Engraving)
Jeff Kuss
Bob Hayes (Little Lake Lodge)
Marty Kohler (Kohler Awnings)
Jerry Havel (Pine Ridge Grouse Camp)
Randy Davis
Morris Baker (RST Classic Shotshells)
Russell Moccasin
Shooting Sportsman
Wind River Press
Unread 01-24-2017, 10:32 AM   #10
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,306 Times in 4,411 Posts

There was a great variety of stuff and something for every budget. All items sold with multiple bids on most. I was the proud winner of an original Parker catalog and a Parker powder measure
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post: