Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 05-06-2019, 05:13 AM   #31
Dean Freeman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Same here Joe. Mills, you too. And Brian, Sarah, Rich, Eric, Mike, Ed, and on and on. Sadly, I can’t remember the names of each person I met, but what a great experience. I lingered mostly at Jon Hosford’s booth, as he did a good bit of work for me (still is in fact). I loved meeting his friends Mike, Gary, and Paul. A great group of guys and between the four of them, a great source of information on doubles. Plus I had the added benefit of being tucked between Chuck Brunner's booth and Kirbys booth, which had more eye candy than I have ever seen in my life. I fell in love, in particular, with a cased Hodgson 28 hammerless that Kirby had, but alas my pockets were too thin ( I actually had a dream about this gun the night after I first saw it). I stayed late on Sunday and helped Kirby pack every single gun for shipping back home. Felt like a gun roadie, but since I couldn’t take them all home, it was great handling those old guns one last time.
What did I bring back from the southern? New friends, a ton of wonderful memories, a case of RST’s, some blanks from Ed, and a very sore shoulder. All that and a really bad case of the 28 bore Hodgson blues.
Unread 05-06-2019, 07:42 AM   #32
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Be careful those small bores are very addicting and there is no known cure.