Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Fall Southern 2016 Smith/ Parker 16 ga event
Unread 10-02-2016, 09:56 PM   #1
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 338 Posts

Default Fall Southern 2016 Smith/ Parker 16 ga event

Folks,

There will be a Smith vs Parker 16 ga challenge type event at Backwoods on Thursday. Five stand event. Rick Hemingway will be the point man for this. Same rules as in the Spring.
I will post those in a few.

I have no Parker point man. If someone would volunteer I would greatly appreciate it. I am not cleared for shooting during that time and wont be there until late Friday well after the event has already taken place.
I will also try to get someone from Smith to be a point man.

Thanks,

John
John Truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #2
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 338 Posts

Open to LC Smith and Parker 16 gauge hammer and hammerless guns only.
Being this is a 16 gauge event: maximum load allowed is 1 oz. Maximum shot size is #7 ½.
No changing of chokes once you start shooting the event.

You may enter the event as many times as you like. You highest score will be the one that counts.
The top three scores from each team will be totaled and the team with the highest score will determine the winning team. In the event of a tie: the winning team will be determined by a shoot off.
The winning team will receive a special award.

This is not a sanctioned event or sponsored by either the LCSCA or PGCA thus there is no entry fee for this event. Just pay Rick or his trapper running the five stand their usual fee for shooting the five stand. (in years past it has been $15 per round of 30 targets).

The event will consist of 30 targets. Shot as two report pairs and one true pair. (this is subject to change if Rick has to make adjustments for the five stand but will be determined prior to any shooting taking place)

Score sheets will be with the trapper at the five stand. When you sign up and pay for each round please give the trapper your name and which team you are shooting for. Smith and Parker shooters may be mixed in together on rounds so you don’t have to have five team members at a time to shoot.
Usual safety rules apply as in any other event and per Backwoods rules.
I do ask if we can have one Parker volunteer and one Smith volunteer to help with counting scores so there is no confusion or tomfoolery.
Remember we are shooting this for fun and bragging rights amongst friends. Please come out and join us for some 16 gauge action.
John Truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Truitt For Your Post: