Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 10-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #31
RON SCORES
Forum Associate

Member Info

thank you it is 1 1/16" center to center i measured incorrect. would this all add to the value? i am trying to get an insurance estimate,along with learning more about it for myself. thanks again
RON SCORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #32
RON SCORES
Forum Associate

Member Info

so the research letter should document the work done if it indeed it did go back for all the upgrades? i do not see any initials in the engraving. the only letters i see are parkers bros over the game scene. so if runge worked at parker he would not be able to personalize with his initials? correct?
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #33
RON SCORES
Forum Associate

Member Info

still an extractor.
Unread 10-03-2011, 10:19 PM   #34
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,239 Times in 12,378 Posts

Ron, If the work was done at Remington there will be no record that we know of documenting their work. There may be a Remington date code stamped in the barrel flats but for the most part there is nothing available to us that tells us what was done.

There are very few and rare examples of Robert Runge's signature on his work. Don't expect to find it on your gun - the odds are like hitting the Mega-Millions.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #35
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,873 Times in 4,756 Posts

Can you experts tell Mr. Scores whether his gun seems to be engraved to C or B Grade level? Of course, there is no bead at the breech balls, but what about the engraving coverage?
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #36
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,873 Times in 4,756 Posts

Mr. Scores, I would order a PGCA letter on your gun to confirm that it was actually built as a Grade 2 gun. You will likely get some information on the original purchaser, even if it is a large sporting goods firm. At some point, you will want all the research information on your gun that you can get. It is a very interesting gun.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #37
RON SCORES
Forum Associate

Member Info

THANK YOU I WILL ORDER A LETTER WHAT GRADE SHOULD I PUT? WHERE IT ASKS THE GRADE? I AM ADDING A FEW PICTURES NOW TO THE ALBUM. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. SO WOULD YOU SAY THIS GUN IS A 1 OF A KIND?
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #38
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

G, with added engraving. Its not C or B, because it says G. I am not an expert , but to me, if it says G, its a G. And it has extra engraving , but its still not a C or B. Just like these embellished V grades, they are still not A-1 Specials.

How can anybody say that it is one of a kind without seeing all Parkers? It is definitely different and if the owner is looking to sell it by creating interest here instead of going quietly to an expert and getting a private valuation letter, somebody may be interested in the unusual. J R Larue makes a living doing valuations, advertises as such, and if a person wanted an experts opinion and would pay or it, that is an accepted and credible source, not a bunch of us chatting.

Bruce Day, novice third degree and certified non expert
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #39
RON SCORES
Forum Associate

Member Info

IT IS HARD TO FIND AN EXPERT WHO STAYS HONEST WHEN HE THINKS HE CAN GET SOMETHING AT A GOOD PRICE. I HAD THIS EXPERICE WITH A NEPTUNE KREIGOFF DRILLING THE ONLY GUN I EVER SOLD AND KICK MY SELF EVERYDAY ABOUT IT...A FEW EXPERTS AT ORVIS HERE IN NY WHEN THE DID THE ANNUAL SHOOT. VALUED IT LOW AND TURNS OUT I SOLD IT FOR A THIRD OF ITS VALUE. BUT EVERYTHING HAS A PRICE AND I AM NOT SAYING THE GUN IS FOR SALE BUT ONE NEVER KNOWS WITH TAXES CLIMBING FUEL COSTS AND I HAVE TWO YOUNG DAUGHTERS I AM WORKING ON THERE FUTURE. BUT YES MY QUEST IF TO FIND OUT WHAT I CAN ABOUT THIS PARKER. AS WE CAN ALL AGREE IT IS DIFFERENT? WHO KNOWS WHO IT BELONGED TO AND WHY IT HAS BEEN ALTERED SO MUCH. MIGHT OF BEEN SOMEONE OF HIGH STATUS OR WEALTH. IT COMES FROM A PART OF NY WHERE MANY WEALTHY AND NOTABLE MEN WALKED OR SHOULD WE SAY HUNTED AT ONE TIME.
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #40
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

You will sell at fair market value, whatever it is, by placing it at auction. Look at Gunbroker, or example, or Julias, Rock Island Auction, Littlejohns, etc. Because this gun is outside the norm for its grade, it will be hard, if not impossible, to look at comparables and guess at a value. An auction will be the only way to find value.

Or you can go to J R Larue and pay for his opinion, as others do. He is not a gun dealer and has no other self interest. If you are truly looking for a valuation letter for insurance coverage purposes, forum chat guesses from people who have not examined the gun in person and who have no demonstrated expertise in valuation will not be acceptable. My guess is that a Larue valuation will have considerable range.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote