Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

CSMC RBL
Unread 12-24-2015, 08:45 AM   #1
Matt Buckley
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,182 Times in 260 Posts

Default CSMC RBL

I'm just wondering if there are any Parker members who own a RBL and what your thoughts are about them.
Matt Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2015, 11:06 AM   #2
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,560 Posts

I have a 20 gauge launch edition with straight grip exhibition Turkish wood. It's an early gun, and had a couple of issues which were handled quickly. It's one of my favorite guns
Unread 12-24-2015, 11:35 AM   #3
Andy Humphriss
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default CSMC RBL

I have an RBL launch 20 ga pistol grip 28" barrels single trigger upgraded wood that my wife bought for me for christmas. I had a problem with the beavertail forearm it cracked when the forearm was put on the barrels. As i remember there was a note from csmc about properly installing the forearm. I sent the gun back to csmc they replaced the forearm with a new one. The new forearm had better wood than the original. The work was done very quickly there was no charge and i have not had any problems since. I like the gun alot. It shoots and balences well plus y can shoot any shot, steel, lead ect without any problems. I would like to add a 16 ga rbl to my safe when i find the right combination of stock , triggers and weight. I would not hesitate to recomend an rbl.
Andy Humphriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2015, 12:53 PM   #4
Twoatlow8
PGCA Member

Member Info

I have a 28 gauge straight grip, Beavertail, 28" barrels IC/MOD, single trigger. It is a great gun!
Scott Janowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2015, 06:30 PM   #5
full choke 16
Forum Associate

Member Info

I have a 16, pretty much a standard gun with the option of the vent rib. After 400 rounds the rib came loose. Repaired quickly at no charge. It is my go to pheasant gun in all weather and conditions ( I'm not saving it for the next guy). I hope to add a 28 some day, they are a good value in double guns.
Unread 12-24-2015, 07:07 PM   #6
Researcher
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,867 Times in 2,371 Posts

I have all five, but shoot and hunt the 16-gauge far and away the most. The RBL-410 is a lot of fun at skeet and I shoot it better then I have any right to shoot a five pound gun. Far better dynamics than my Ithaca NID .410-bore.

I've had no issues with any of them, but I didn't like the big heavy 12-gauge which came just as I'd ordered it. Lou got me one of the light 12s built on the 16-gauge frame which I like much better. All five straight grip and double trigger with 4x wood.
Dave Noreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2015, 12:22 PM   #7
Gary Laudermilch
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,101 Times in 674 Posts

I have a 20, pistol grip, single trigger, beavertail that I bought primarily for clays. However, I was disappointed at first because I could not hit a damn thing with it. I discovered eventually that the stock pitch was different than all of my guns that I shoot well. I changed the pitch and have been hitting well with it ever since. I really like the gun except it is a bit light for my tastes.

You might think this an isolated case but a friend of mine has a 20 also that his wife bought him for his birthday. He shot it poorly and was reluctant to say anything about it because of the present thing. We checked the pitch on his and it was the same as mine. We adjusted it and now it one of his favorites.
Gary Laudermilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2015, 10:48 PM   #8
Doc Parker
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I have two(2) RBL- 28'gauge 28 " pistol grip exhibition wood. Actually I bought one for my 12 year old son and one for my 15 year old son Both kids love them.......light beautiful excellent quality I have shot both guns. Great handling .
Unread 12-27-2015, 06:44 AM   #9
Daniel G Rainey
Forum Associate

Member Info

I have a RBL20 with upgraded wood, beavertail. single trigger 28 inch barrels. Purchased the gun before I got into Parkers and have really enjoyed it. Have hunted with the gun and shot it a lot at the skeet range. Only the problem was that while cleaning one day the lever that breaks the gun broke. I called them packed it up and mailed it. They repaired it in a timely manner at no cost. when I go to the gun club, I use it more than my Parkers because I reload for it and only shoot RST loads in my Parkers. It is sometimes called my mistake gun. After discovering Parkers, I would not want a single or a beavertail.
Daniel G Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #10
Bill Anderson
PGCA Member

Member Info

I ordered a RBL 28 gauge when they were first offered. Waited with anticipation until delivery day. Opened the box and I was turned off immediately by the "swamped" rib, which to me is a short cut in manufacturing and the receiver engraving was buried with the case hardening process. Never fired it and sold it while they were still a hot item. Looks are a big deal for me, as well as function. I think the Parker Reproduction has a lot more eye appeal and it is quality built at similar prices.

Bill
Bill Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote