Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Unread 08-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

I have a 28 ga with 26" Q1/Q2 bbls, DT, pistol grip and BT forend. It is not particularly muzzle-light, just plain light period! Or should I say that my wife has it, since she decided she likes it for grouse and quail . I've even had good luck on doves with it, which usually are better shot with a longer barreled gun. That is, when I can pry it away from her.
Joe Bernfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #12
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

That would make sense to me Joe. One year at grouse camp I snapped Deans beavertail onto my splinter equipped 28 and instantly liked the gun a whole lot more. Maybe someday I will find a beavertail forend for it.
Unread 08-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #13
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,236 Times in 12,377 Posts

Actually, Kathy has the exact same gun that Joe's wife has... chokes and all. The only difference is that i replaced the buttstock so I could cut it shorter and add a NOS NoShok pad to it for her.

The BTFE Dave refers to is Kathy's and I sneak it from her gun to bring to grouse camp... and I usually take her Q1 & Q2 barrels too. They all fit nicely on my double-trigger straight-grip gun. I really enjoy swapping these components around to suit my needs.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #14
Mike Murphy
Forum Associate

Member Info

For what little it might be worth, I bought a straight stocked, splinter forend, double trigger, 28ga, two barrel set years ago. I used to shoot a good deal of Skeet. Took the gun to the range with 26" barrels on it and proceeded to break 25 straight from the low gun position.
Basically, what I'm trying to say is , shoot the damn thing and stop thinking about it. You'll be surprised how the human brain adjusts to differences in weight, balance, etc.
Michael Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 08-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #15
William Stevenson
Forum Associate

Member Info

What Michael said. A 26" 28ga works well on Teal over decoys also. Might be my favorite Parker---well, there is my 16, and sometimes the 12ga steel shot special is called for. The .410 works well on quail and the 20 is an all around gun. Shoot each gun enough to accommodate the differences then enjoy them all. You can make yourself miserable worrying about 2" of barrel and 4oz weight differences. Bill
William Stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to William Stevenson For Your Post: