Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Unread 02-24-2021, 10:17 AM   #11
Mark Murphy
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Carter View Post
Welcome Mark. I do not know what the travel time for you to Foxboro would be but i am a member of Independent Sportsmans club near the stadium. We have 2 trap fields 3 skeet- 1 modern skeet a 5 stand and sporting clays. You can look up our website. It is a welcoming place, not crowded and more and more double guns converts. I would be happy to meet you and show you around if you are interested.
Thank you for the offer.
Mark Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2021, 11:06 AM   #12
stumpstalker
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,347 Times in 673 Posts

Mark:

I belong to Maynard Rod & Gun in Maynard, and Minuteman Sportsman's in Burlington.

Minuteman has more expensive annual dues, but you get what you pay for.
It is strong for shotgunners -- sporting clays; trap, skeet, and 5-stand.

The club has been pushing to be a qualified Olympics venue, and is regularly used by college teams. I never tire of seeing the novitiate male and female gunners there, of all backgrounds, from (implausibly) such as Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and other Greater Boston colleges.

I shoot regularly with a couple of the club's board members; however it is with very little notice, as one of them has an erratic work schedule. But I would be happy to help in any way that I can.
Unread 02-24-2021, 12:31 PM   #13
bob lyons
PGCA Member

Member Info

Mark
I was a member at minuteman awhile ago and found it to be a great club for shotgunners. Unfortunately with work and family I was not able to us it as much as I needed to justify the membership.
I was discussing it with a current member this past weekend and was informed they have built a sporting clays course which sounds pretty good and I may be rejoining. I think they still allow lead shot.
I currently belong to Southboro which also is good club, very low key and is open to the public on Sundays the draw back is a lot of clubs like Southboro require you to use steel shot only and that would not be good for the older shotguns.
Bob
bob lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2021, 01:09 PM   #14
stumpstalker
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,347 Times in 673 Posts

Bob:

All we shoot at Minuteman is lead.

A mining company comes in when there is adequate accumulation, reclaims it; and the last time it was done the cut for the club was sufficient to generate a profit on the deal to Minuteman.
Unread 02-24-2021, 10:22 PM   #15
StubTwist
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,601 Times in 483 Posts

Welcome Mark. I have family roots in Somerville. Family of sixteen on Corinthian Ave in Telle Square. My grandfather was city alderman and later was elected county treasurer back when JFK ran for Senate. Also ran the Middlesex County Training school for Boys in No. Chelmsford until he retired.

Lowell Sportsman Club member. Trap and skeet. Skeet is year round but trap will open up when warmer weather comes in Spring.

Be sure to check out the get together in RI on this thread. Great way to meet people, shoot your Parker, and handle lots of nice guns.

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32500
Frank Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2021, 09:23 AM   #16
Mark Murphy
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Cronin View Post
Welcome Mark. I have family roots in Somerville. Family of sixteen on Corinthian Ave in Telle Square. My grandfather was city alderman and later was elected county treasurer back when JFK ran for Senate. Also ran the Middlesex County Training school for Boys in No. Chelmsford until he retired.

Lowell Sportsman Club member. Trap and skeet. Skeet is year round but trap will open up when warmer weather comes in Spring.

Be sure to check out the get together in RI on this thread. Great way to meet people, shoot your Parker, and handle lots of nice guns.

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32500

Thanks for the welcome. I'm fairly certain I can't make the RI get together that weekend, unfortunately, but if my plans change I'll let you know.
Mark Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mark Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 03-03-2021, 03:14 PM   #17
Scott G
Forum Associate

Member Info

Welcome mark, great to have more Ma. folks here. I am in Worcester, and always glad to see more folks join.
Scott Garland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scott Garland For Your Post:
Unread 03-16-2021, 11:38 AM   #18
Brian Estano
Forum Associate

Member Info

Welcome Mark Murphy. I live in Rehoboth, MA - hope to see you around sometime.
Brian Estano is offline   Reply With Quote