Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Seen Many of These?
Unread 03-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,623 Times in 2,670 Posts

Default Seen Many of These?

Something not at every armory gunshow:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6406.JPG (66.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6408.JPG (59.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6413.JPG (61.5 KB, 15 views)
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 03-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,797 Times in 3,968 Posts

they shoulda made enough of these little 410 s were every body coulda had one...one nice little gun...ive got my first parker 410 to hold in my hand of any kind... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
Frank Allegra
Forum Associate

Member Info

Beautiful little gun. I love all the eye candy that this site brings to my eyes.
Frank Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Allegra For Your Post:
Unread 03-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,683 Times in 1,644 Posts

Bruce, A very rare 410, only 4-5made, was fortunate to own one a while back, was originaly owned by Forest Marshal and even had a letter with it. good to see another!
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #5
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,398 Times in 12,420 Posts

4 - 5 made? I thought there were fewer, like maybe as many as 3.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
ahfoxman
PGCA Member

Member Info

Good Morning Bruce, Brings back some great memories of one of the last Baltimore shows up in the hotel, where I had a PHE 410 that sure looked like the one you have pictured. I had it on the arm from an elderly fellow out near Lancaster, Pa. for $375 and I was always at the table with Paul Carson and Bob Purska in those early Baltimore days, so I took it down for Paul, and he said "lay it on the table" for $595. As I remember, it sold Saturday morning for $550 and I had hit a home run with a kool $175 profit. (Thinking back; tongues were really wagging, as everyone appreciated the small bore's rarity and the HIGH price paid, Ha!) Remember, my dual quad, small block '56 Delivery with OD got over 20 mpg and gas was 5 gallons for a buck at the Merit Station in P-Burg, NJ., and the motel out to the west of Baltimore was ~$6.00 a night, so that was a great day for a recently returned GI. Ahhhhhh, the good old days.

Around that same time period, I also had a AAHE 28ga on the arm for $2000 and Paul gave me a 100 bucks for my troubles of finding and picking it up in NY and bringing it down to W. Va. He sold it to a friend somewhere in Va. on the phone while I was visiting with him that weekend and he gave me an additional 50 bucks. Early Baltimore memories include the time when Paul had a choice A-1S, an Optimus, and a FE Fox, all killer condition 12's on his Baltimore table, and the sign said $1500 your choice. The A-1S and the FE ended up in upstate NY ($1500 was out of my league so I missed the FE) and I don't know where the Optimus disappeared to. I still know where the FE resides. Around the same time, an orig. 26" 20ga. Krupp FE Fox showed up at the Greensburg show for $1250 and I couldn't fund it either. Sorry if I have jacked this thread but I could go on all day about the early days when my passions were for my sweetheart, still married after 48 years, fast racecars, grouse hunting, and Ansley's finest. Hmmmmm, still the same passions! Life is Good and May Everyone Have An Outstanding Day. Tom
Tom Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Tom, thanks for the memories. This P and many other fine guns I have pictured belongs to Charlie Herzog, who declines to post here. I know you know him and he will read this. I have some nice guns, far fewer than Charlie's. I also remember when Parker's were inexpensive, after all , you could buy a new Superposed for $450, so why would a person ever spend more than that on an old fashioned Parker? Yes, and gas was less than $1/gal and cars had more room and got only slightly less gas mileage than cars of today....as a kid we had a Mercedes that got 25mpg at highway speeds.....the same as the ones today, so how far have we come? I still have one from when I was a young man. Charlie still has his late 60's Grand Prix hardtop with big engine.

Tom, thanks for the reminises. While this is a Parker site, you have always had some of the finest Foxes, and I like to think we have the finest American double gun site, so please post away. I'd like to see some of Ansley's best.

Its always been a dream of mine to have more than a Parker/L C Smith Challenge. I'd like to have an American doubles challenge weekend where we have all the great names and teams shooting them against each other....oh well, what could be!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
Holeshot
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thats a great idea Bruce, maybe we could have it in your neck of the woods? Dave
David Holes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #9
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

The closest we came was when Jack Puglisi was sponsoring the Duluth shoot, and Mike Koranda and I set up a make challenge as part of that. It was a lot of fun and the Fox guys edged out Team Parker, followed by Elsie's boys, Browning boys , etc. Yes, I'd like it located in the central US, or at least east to Ohio, etc, but we would need a venue and committment.

Then there is the Flatwater in Syracuse NE......the most fun you can have with your socks on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #10
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,701 Times in 4,642 Posts

Ed M. (author of Parker Guns, the old Reliable) said that the PH .410 could have been the rarest parker of all. At the time of writing, there was only 1 known and it was thought to be the only made. Evidently the records show a few more than that. But it still is by all means, one of the rarest out there.