Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 08-15-2019, 05:13 PM   #31
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts View Post
Sounds like a lot of walking to me. Following is the contact info for cart rental if interested:
Empire Golf Cars
Jim Farrelly
(607) 206-4100
(888) 913-6747
Sounds to me a golf cart rental will be a Must!
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2019, 10:34 AM   #32
Dr Bob
PGCA Member

Member Info

Has anybody on this post actually spoken to Ernie about parking/camping issues? I am sure that it would be better to let us know on a forum than each individual call Ernie. At the NE SxS I was led to believe that we would be parking/camping in the field that is on the right as you come in and make the left hand turn into the house/barn/tent area. There would be no tent side parking and no parking along side the barn.
Bob Decker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob Decker For Your Post:
Visit Bob Decker's homepage!
Unread 08-17-2019, 07:00 PM   #33
Dr Bob
PGCA Member

Member Info

I got this message back from Tom Snyder about parking:
Shooters will park in a field on the left just before the stone quarry. People will also be able to pull RVs in there and camp. Exhibitor unloading is the same as before at the tents. Parking for exhibitors will be an area set aside in the parking lot near the gated entrance - old parking lot. Golf cart will be staged at the field parking lot. Busing will also be available from the parking to the registration area. There will be shuttle carts for people going to the rifle range. Handicap parking for shooters is in the field near the bus pick up and golf carts. People with their own golf cart can drive it to the rifle range. Exhibitors with golf carts will find them located at the exhibitor parking. Exhibitor set up is 18 Sept.
Hope that answers your questions.
Tom
Bob Decker is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Bob Decker's homepage!
Unread 08-17-2019, 07:56 PM   #34
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Eis View Post
Sounds to me a golf cart rental will be a Must!

After reading Tom Snyder's communique, I must agree with you Eric.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2019, 08:02 PM   #35
Austin J Hawthorne Jr.
PGCA Member

Member Info

I agree with JB Books...this is going to be a PITA
Austin J Hawthorne Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Austin J Hawthorne Jr. For Your Post:
Unread 08-17-2019, 08:19 PM   #36
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Decker View Post
I got this message back from Tom Snyder about parking:
Shooters will park in a field on the left just before the stone quarry. People will also be able to pull RVs in there and camp. Exhibitor unloading is the same as before at the tents. Parking for exhibitors will be an area set aside in the parking lot near the gated entrance - old parking lot. Golf cart will be staged at the field parking lot. Busing will also be available from the parking to the registration area. There will be shuttle carts for people going to the rifle range. Handicap parking for shooters is in the field near the bus pick up and golf carts. People with their own golf cart can drive it to the rifle range. Exhibitors with golf carts will find them located at the exhibitor parking. Exhibitor set up is 18 Sept.
Hope that answers your questions.
Tom
Some critical pieces of information we should know; how frequent is the busing going to run and what time is it going to run start to finish each day? Where is the rifle range, I don't think I have seen it before and what is it being used for, I thought this was a clay pigeon shoot?

Everyone needs a golf cart? I have to think this change in the setup is going to be enough of a PITA to cause some folks to reconsider attending.

Looking at Google Earth parking is going over .6 of a mile away from the grounds of HHH.
Unread 08-17-2019, 08:51 PM   #37
James L. Martin
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,595 Times in 388 Posts

Having been to HHH many times for the spring shoot this does not sound like it will work out. I may just go one day to look at the guns and forget about shooting. The more I think about it the more of a hassle it becomes. Too bad I was looking forward to this event.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to James L. Martin For Your Post:
Unread 08-18-2019, 02:41 AM   #38
Ron Scott
Forum Associate

Member Info

So if I understand correctly they are going to use the field circled at the top left rather than the usual field circled below and close to the driveway ...

That changes everything -- especially if you are camping. It was nice being close to the action -- it was an easy walk down to the tents etc. Grab a bite to eat, check out the guns and walk back -- now you have to wait for a bus or rent a cart? I'm just picturing that road with 20 golf carts and a bus racing back and forth -- bring a helmet!

Hopefully there will be plenty of tailgating going on in the upper field. I'll camp and hang out there for the most part and just bus down to look at guns and shoot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hausemanns.JPG (98.1 KB, 9 views)
Ronald Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ronald Scott For Your Post:
Unread 08-18-2019, 02:48 AM   #39
Ron Scott
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Lester View Post
I don't think I have seen it before and what is it being used for, I thought this was a clay pigeon shoot?
I haven't seen the rifle range either. I know in the past they have held matches for double rifles and for stalking rifles. I'd like to know more about that. Has anyone shot in the rifle matches at Hausmann's? Where is the range and what constitutes a "stalking rifle?"
Ronald Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2019, 10:27 AM   #40
Austin J Hawthorne Jr.
PGCA Member

Member Info

This is just something I heard at Junes SxS shoot, but they did reconfigure the 5 stand setup and also did some trail clearing to the left of it. I think the rifle range and some additional clays presentations will be in that area. Anybody know for sure?
Austin J Hawthorne Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote