Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 11-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,757 Times in 732 Posts

Charlie,

Did you try NEI of Scappose, Oregon 503-543-6776? You'll need bore diameter with them as well and they make conicals too.

Harry
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #12
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

harry i will trythose folks in the morning...looks like we may have a 8 ga round ball load to hunt with soon....thanks fot the no.... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #13
StubTwist
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,601 Times in 483 Posts

Harry, Charlie:

I have been following this thread with much interest. I have been trying to find more information about NEI and also to see if they have a home web page with no luck. Did some searching on Google and found an article from Wolf Magazine.com This solved the mystery why I could not find it.

So Charlie, if you have been trying to find NEI on the web, below is an excerpt of the article and be sure to update everyone on how you make out with the round-ball endeavor.

Regards,

Frank

NEI Handtools Is Back!

Last fall, the news came that our friend Walt Melander, the originator of NEI Handtools, had unexpectedly passed away. Not only will his friendship be missed, but it’s also a major loss to the firearms industry. NEI offered hundreds of moulds ranging from .224 inch to over one inch that fit practically every type of firearm conceivable. NEI also offered moulds for making heavyweight big-bore sixgun bullets long before it became an industry trend.

I am happy to announce that Walt’s daughter Patty has now resumed operations and will be offering the same products and services as formerly. It should be noted, however, that the business has moved from Scappoose, Oregon, to PO Box 370356, El Paso TX 79937-0356. They can be reached by e-mail: nei@neihandtools.com. For the latest ordering information or for a copy of the latest catalog, you can visit them online at: www.neihandtools.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Collins View Post
Charlie,

Did you try NEI of Scappose, Oregon 503-543-6776? You'll need bore diameter with them as well and they make conicals too.

Harry
Frank Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Cronin For Your Post:
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:20 PM   #14
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

thanks fellas for the info on the round ball..will be measuring my bores tommorrow and orgering the round ball mould for the 8 ga...should have load going before deer season ends...our season goes till jan 15...should be a interesting round...accuarcy is my main concern....8 ga rifles usally shoot with in6 inches at 50 yards but i know the smoth bore will not be as good as the rifle....charlie
Unread 11-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #15
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

just measured my muzzle end on the 8 ga both barrels measure at .843rs barrel and .845 ls barrel..... the 8 ga loomis measures at .830 rs barrel and .820 ls barrel.....i would like to shoot round balls out of each gun using the same mould for the ball shot.....but i believe there will be to muchdiferance in the chokes what do yall think.....if i order this mould to make a round ball of .815 do yall think this would work for both guns....i will be loading these round balls inplastic wadding...thickness of wadding at about 3thousands...also the mould sometime will make a ball smaller or larger in size when making the ball....or do yall think i should go with only one mould for 1 gun if ido this i will go with the parker 8 ga.....what do you think of a mould in .830 thousands...it will give a little room for era....waiting on yalls opinion.... charlie
Unread 11-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #16
Holeshot
PGCA Member

Member Info

I shot a .530 ball in a 20 ga. plastic wad that shot very well in a parker vhe, but would not group shots in my other 20 ga.s. I think you should start with 1 mold and experment a little. I would also make sure that ball inside wad will slip in the muzzle. After all we don't want to make a shooter into a wall hanger. Procede carefully in any case. Dave
David Holes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #17
Setter Man
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,636 Times in 634 Posts

Charlie,

Check with the fellows at Track of the Wolf http://www.trackofthewolf.com/Index.aspx

They are great people to deal with and purveyors of lots of cool stuff.

Cheers,

JDG
Jay Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #18
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,757 Times in 732 Posts

Charlie,

One thing to keep in mind when you start to load round ball is that if the bullet is to light or to fast they will cross (right barrel will shoot to the left and the left barrel will shoot to the right) and if the bullet is too heavy or too slow the barrels will shoot apart ( right barrel will shoot to the right and left barrel will shoot to the left).

Harry
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 07:38 AM   #19
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Charlie: Let us know when you've got a mastadon down and we'll all come help you skin it!
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #20
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

did not see that mastadon this evening but have not given up....but be sharping your knives for i know i will get one soon....charlie