Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

brass shotgun shells
Unread 06-24-2018, 06:31 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

Default brass shotgun shells

reloaded some of the 10 ga brass hulls the other day i got out one of my parker 10 s and the hulls were to tight to put them in..i got out a lefever they almost went in but still to tite...i got side tracked got the old 8 ga davenport single barrel out and set up a can at 40 steps shot the brass shell it put 15 holes in that drink can...it was loaded with 25 grains of reddot and a 1 1/2 ounce of no 6 shot...load was a little weak for me.... got out my gauge adapter i got from phil carr to shoot 12 ga shells in the 8 ga...the shells were some mixed up left overs from what ever...barrel got a little warm but i noticed some of my flinching was getting better...charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 06-24-2018, 09:35 PM   #2
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

one thing for sure about these brass shells if you have a bore thats a little large the brass stretches and it will only fit the gun you shot them in...i was on a shooting sree this evening i got out my winchester model 160 automatic 22 and went thru a coupla boxes this evening then i got down 2 differant 25 automatic pistols shot 2 clip full at a coke can at 10 feet never touched that can.... all this made for a good afternoon....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2018, 10:25 PM   #3
Elk Hunter
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
one thing for sure about these brass shells if you have a bore thats a little large the brass stretches and it will only fit the gun you shot them in...i was on a shooting sree this evening i got out my winchester model 160 automatic 22 and went thru a coupla boxes this evening then i got down 2 differant 25 automatic pistols shot 2 clip full at a coke can at 10 feet never touched that can.... all this made for a good afternoon....charlie
Charlie, the 25 auto was not made for such long range shooting. In today's world it requires a scope of at least 220 power and bullet traveling at least at light speed to hit anything more than an arms length away. Some of us haven't caught on so we shoot shotguns with two side by side barrels and mundane/worthless rifles such as a 270 or 30-06.
Unread 06-27-2018, 12:44 PM   #4
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

If I'm shooting something other than my SxS's, it's my 22cal model 12 Remington pump or a couple of my reproduction 1858 Remington BP revolvers. I have two of them with 8" barrels, one with a 12" barrel, and the 18" carbine. You don't shoot as much with BP and then there's always the clean up afterwards, but it's still a lot of fun. It's amazing how accurate the round ball is at reasonable ranges.
Visit Paul Harm's homepage!