Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Unread 04-06-2017, 10:10 PM   #31
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

jerry i have a old 10 ga ph 3 frame 32 inch barrels this has been my best turkey and deer gun...it is a twist steel barrel with 32 inch barrels both vfull choke...this gun stock is a little dark around the wrist...it has been fireing the the 2 7/8 ounce load for many years i have even several 12 ga 3 inch and 3 1/2 inch magnums in it with chamber adapters...no cracks in it yet i know lots of the fellas use lite loaded shells but i guess i m one who likes lot of big loads in his turkey hunting load...my favorite loads are2 7/8 inch 10 ga with 1 5/8 ounce and 2 1/4 ounce in the 10 ga 3 1/2 inch magnum and in the 8 ga 2 1/2 ounce of lead...my old guns have been shot a lot and dont think the old guns stocks have been messed with..i even have a old 10 ga g grade that are 3 1/2 inch chambered do not know if it came factory with the long chambers it has stub twist barrels on it killed a few turkey with it shooting 3 1/2 inch shells and 2 1/4 ounce of lead shot..i guess ive been lucky with all my old guns...only stock i ever broke was a remington 1894 12 ga with lite loads on dove..only barrel i ever bo loed up was aset of 28 ga modern set of steel barrels on a remington model 1148.....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote