Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 05-22-2019, 07:20 PM   #11
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,213 Times in 1,622 Posts

Brett and Harold, I sent a PM to you guys. Thanks Craig
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote
Set up and maning the tables.....
Unread 05-23-2019, 09:37 AM   #12
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,888 Times in 533 Posts

Default Set up and maning the tables.....

Be the Lord willing, I will be there Wednesday thru Sunday. I will check in and offer my help at the Parker table. As Dean has said...There will be several family pets lurking about so please don't throw anything down they could get, use the trash cans please! All are welcome in the back 40 for evening story telling so polish them good jokes and join in. Please bring your show and tell items for all to enjoy. We will have some good treats for responsible grown ups, the regulars always have some goodies to share...(-: 2018 pics.....SXS Ohio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0339.jpg (522.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0344.jpg (528.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0372.jpg (517.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0337.jpg (518.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0361.jpg (545.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0366 (2).jpg (529.2 KB, 4 views)
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kenny Graft For Your Post:
Unread 05-23-2019, 12:06 PM   #13
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,771 Times in 2,005 Posts

Thanks Craig, sounds like a plan. See you Thurs morning--and Dr Bob(LACA), we can help you also, I'll be getting in Wed afternoon.
Kenny , you sure you can handle roughing it in that camper?
Unread 05-23-2019, 06:00 PM   #14
Sara LeFever
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Graft View Post
Be the Lord willing, I will be there Wednesday thru Sunday. I will check in and offer my help at the Parker table. As Dean has said...There will be several family pets lurking about so please don't throw anything down they could get, use the trash cans please! All are welcome in the back 40 for evening story telling so polish them good jokes and join in. Please bring your show and tell items for all to enjoy. We will have some good treats for responsible grown ups, the regulars always have some goodies to share...(-: 2018 pics.....SXS Ohio
I will be there around noon on Thursday, through Saturday. Counting down the days and crossing my fingers for good weather!

Sara
Sara LeFever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sara LeFever For Your Post:
Unread 05-23-2019, 08:13 PM   #15
10 bore
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,436 Times in 796 Posts

I am going to try to be there wed. By 7:30 pm if not should be there thurs. Am by 9 or so. Hope weather is good too.
Scott
Unread 05-23-2019, 08:51 PM   #16
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

Scott - Where are you guys staying this year now that things have changed?

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2019, 09:37 AM   #17
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,213 Times in 1,622 Posts

I have lined up some nice Parkers for the display table at Hausmann's. Two very high condition totally original AAHE's, a nice sampling of grades from Trojan to BH and the Widgeon Duck Club DHE 20ga. Make sure you stop by the booth for a look see and some Parker chat. Please introduce yourself as I am poor at connecting names and faces. PLEASE bring in some of your Parkers for show and tell. It's one of the few times we get to handle guns for other collections. Thanks Craig Larter
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Craig Larter For Your Post:
Unread 05-24-2019, 10:36 AM   #18
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,380 Times in 3,073 Posts

Being at the forefront of low tech, and high comfort, I have been camping at Hausmann's since I began going, 9-10 years ago. It was damn quiet for the first few years, but the glamping movement eventually caught on. Allan Maclane and I began the Ribs & Beer a few years ago, which we enjoy doing. Allan has always made sure there were places for trash, both bags and a barrel. I do not believe I have ever witnessed any of our group disposing in any irresponsible manner. On the other hand, I think we're all aware of a couple guys who seem to have born in a barn, and As Dean is the master of tact and discretion, I suggest he speak to them.
Ernie has asked me to remind all old and new campers, that he would appreciate no open fires, though with the wet spring we've had, I doubt this is a serious concern.
It is likely the field owner will be there, perhaps on his tractor, Friday or Saturday, so please take a moment and thank him for maintaining his field and letting us make it our weekend home.

Just had a thought; As it's been so wet this spring, it might be a good idea to avoid the center area of the field, sticking to perimeter, or along the stone wall. Many of us remember (myself included), what fun the mud was a few years ago. Harold was the closest thing to Triple A that weekend.
edgarspencer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post:
Unread 05-24-2019, 10:42 AM   #19
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarspencer View Post
Being at the forefront of low tech, and high comfort, I have been camping at Hausmann's since I began going, 9-10 years ago. It was damn quiet for the first few years, but the glamping movement eventually caught on. Allan Maclane and I began the Ribs & Beer a few years ago, which we enjoy doing. Allan has always made sure there were places for trash, both bags and a barrel. I do not believe I have ever witnessed any of our group disposing in any irresponsible manner. On the other hand, I think we're all aware of a couple guys who seem to have born in a barn, and As Dean is the master of tact and discretion, I suggest he speak to them.
Ernie has asked me to remind all old and new campers, that he would appreciate no open fires, though with the wet spring we've had, I doubt this is a serious concern.
It is likely the field owner will be there, perhaps on his tractor, Friday or Saturday, so please take a moment and thank him for maintaining his field and letting us make it our weekend home.

No Edgar, I have never witnessed any of our group doing that and I don't believe they would. Shoot me a PM or a text and we'll discuss it.

There has been so much rain this month in all of the Northeast I dread what the field might look like....

Unread 05-24-2019, 10:44 AM   #20
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Good job Craig - and let's not forget the hammer guns.