Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums PGCA Member Questions & Announcements

Notices

membership
Unread 06-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
OLD GEEZER
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,545 Times in 502 Posts

Default membership

Would like to find out if my membership dues are current or if i owe. Have a great day Thomas L. Benson Sr.
Thomas L. Benson Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,158 Times in 823 Posts

Hi Mr. Benson!

No problem at all..! In fact, in the next few days, our PGCA Membership volunteer will be sending me an updated roster, and I have a commitment that it will be updated on a frequent basis. For that, please bear with me for a few days, OK??

My sincerest thanks to you, Sir - for your support of PGCA!

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Time for a Re-UP?
Unread 06-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Time for a Re-UP?

John- somewhere on the mailing label is our re-up notice, but my issues always arrive a bit "chewed"- am I due to ante-up the $40.00 soon? Also, will we be getting our Raffle ticket packets automatically this year, or do we have to request same- The $40.00 annum dues is a real bargain, the articles and fotos (even with Murphy spelled Murphey) are alone worth the $40.00 Kudoes to Austin and all the staff that make Parker Pages- OUTSTANDING !!
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Hi Francis..!

Honestly - I should have an updated roster soon to help out folks like yourself, and as well - so I can add their renewal date into your profile.. Anyway - please bear with me for a few days, OK??

By the way - if you think I'm going to let you "get away" from PGCA - I won't You are stuck with the rest of us..

John
Thanks- good group to be with John
Unread 06-30-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Thanks- good group to be with John

We have a real good cross section of members- and I appreciate that we have a part of the Forum where questions about other side-by-sides can be presented, and a PGCA member with a question about his/her LC Smith or Fox or Ithaca can raise it. We have over 1000 members and are still growing- thanks to you and Austin Hogan, Jeff Kuss, Art Wheaton, Dean Romig and many others. If I can paraphrase the saying that Mr. Parker made famousd along with his shotguns-- "Much Care Is Bestowed In Our Research and Study of The Old Reliable--"

Case in point that supports that, IMO anyway. I took the PH 16 size 0 frame Parker with 26" Twist barrels along to the recent Yooper Shoot. I had a copy of the PGCA letter on the gun, July 1908 with the 26" barrels as ordered. I ended up trading it to one of the gun dealers in the clubhouse, and having the letter "sealed the deal"- so our Research lads do a first rate job, amazing to me, as we are reaching back a long stretch in time on our treasured Parkers.

I would have kept it if I were a grouse/quail and woodcock hunter- as fate would have it, both the 12 GHE and the 12 Smith 3E developed functional problems on the 100 bird SC course- Luckily our fifth squad member, a gentleman from Northern WI, had a very well restored and restocked 12 VH- 28" and IC/M like the GHE- and was most gracious in letting me shoot it for the rest of the event-

I ended with with another Smith, a 1945 12 Ideal- with the original hang tag- Mint shape- Not a Parker, I'll grant you, but I seem to shoot it well-
I like the fact that we have a friendly clays rivalry from the various shoots with the Smith and Fox and LeFever gruppen-good clean competition!
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #6
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Hi guys!

Both of you should have a Private message from me with your Membership information and renewal links...

Many thanks for your continued support of PGCA..! Let me know if you need a hand with anything else, OK?

My best always,

John