Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Paper, Memorabilia and Books

Notices

A "Visit to the Library" today--
Unread 04-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default A "Visit to the Library" today--

Well, sorta! My dentist is a Yuppie, gets all the high end sporting magazines- so I get free reading while in his waiting room. In recent Sporting Classicals-- May/June issue- pg. 82- top ad for the MI UP shoot shows a Parker- hard to miss that trademark recess hinge pin-- great- also Morris Baker- RST ad page 40 shows a side view of what I believe to be a 12 GH(E?)- nice indeed.

But- what is missing, troops- is the presence of the PGCA- pg. 77 the full page ad for the Great Northern Side x Side Classic in june, Friendsville, PA--At over 4000 members now, right? we must outnumber the three other double gun collectors assns. listed, even adding all three together. How come we didn't get listed? Oversight??
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 05:47 AM   #2
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,180 Times in 12,363 Posts

4,000 members??? You have been misinformed. Our membership hovers somewhere around 1,200 or 1,300 to the best of my knowledge.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
You are a "Lifer"- maybe someday- me too!!
Unread 04-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default You are a "Lifer"- maybe someday- me too!!

Dean- I guess I interpreted the membership numbers incorrectly. My PGCA card shows my enlistment date as 1 May/2009-- number is 3097. As a year (almost) has gone past since I formally joined up, I just assumed more folks had joined PGCA and had 'topped out' over 4000-and growing.

So much for the old "weigh of numbers" theorm. But I'll still betcha a 5th of Bushmills that if you total up the Smithians, Foxiests and those Lee Fever laddies, we got 'em outnumbered, heck, maybe even surrounded.

Might be interesting at some future time to do a PGCA poll- cross-referencing our paid membership to that in any of the other double gun assns. I'll guess at least 25% of our members also belong to at least one other such organization. Any also many, like myself, are also NRA members.

I sincerly hope that at all the many shooting venues- Addieville, Friendship, The Southern, Da Yooper, Puglisi's and the Vintagers, and others I have omitted without prejudice, besides the "friendly?" rivalry, we ALL keep in mind the need for unity- there are others extant who are anti-guns and gunning, and not just the anti-EBR crowd- The more we work well together the stronger our defense against those who would make a shambles of the Second Amendment!!

Last edited by Francis Morin; 04-07-2010 at 10:11 AM..
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Francis Morin For Your Post:
Unread 04-07-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,180 Times in 12,363 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Morin View Post
Dean- I guess I interpreted the membership numbers incorrectly. My PGCA card shows my enlistment date as 1 May/2009-- number is 3097. As a year (almost) has gone past since I formally joined up, I just assumed more folks had joined PGCA and had 'topped out' over 4000-and growing.

So much for the old "weigh of numbers" theorm. But I'll still betcha a 5th of Bushmills that if you total up the Smithians, Foxiests and those Lee Fever laddies, we got 'em outnumbered, heck, maybe even surrounded.

Maybe so, but collectively they still shoot better than the PGCA shooters have of late.

Might be interesting at some future time to do a PGCA poll- cross-referencing our paid membership to that in any of the other double gun assns. I'll guess at least 25% of our members also belong to at least one other such organization. Any also many, like myself, are also NRA members.

I sincerly hope that at all the many shooting venues- Addieville, friendship, The Southern, Da Yooper, Puglisi's and the Vintagers, and others I have omitted without prejudice, besides the "friendly?" rivalry, we ALL keep in mind the need for unity- there are others extant who are anti-guns and gunning, and not just the anti-EBR crowd- The more we work well together the stronger our defense against those who would make a shambles of the Second Amendment!!
Agreed
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #5
Mike McKinney
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

GO!, Francis
Mike McKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike McKinney For Your Post: