Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

END OF MY 2024 NH TURKEY SEASON
Unread 05-10-2024, 04:33 PM   #1
Steve Hodges
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,286 Times in 907 Posts

Default END OF MY 2024 NH TURKEY SEASON

Well my 2024 spring NH turkey season has come to an end. With my two birds taken last week on opening day and the second day of the season it was time for my friend and his 12 year old son to come to NH to see if I could get them their first turkeys. He own's the farm in Potter County Pa that I archery deer hunt each fall. He has come up in the past and shot two bears but no turkeys yet. Our first day out was this past Monday the 6th. It had rained all night and the birds were very quiet. A few gobbles was about it. Tuesday morning was different. Worked a bunch of birds off the roost and at 5:45 AM two came into the decoys. 12 year old Cy took the first bird at 20 yards with his 20 gauge CZ O/U with TSS shot. The second bird stood around just long enough for Ben to end his morning. Father and son with their first Turkeys together. Wednesday was their last morning to hunt. Worked roosted birds but as usual they went pretty silent at fly down. Kept working sporadic gobbling until a bird fired up directly in front of us. He finally committed but he circled us to our left instead of coming into the decoys. Cy was unable to get a shot off but just before he left us for good Ben dropped him at 40 yds. A great hunt with 3 birds in 3 days. Bens bird was a nice 19 Lb Tom. Great season. Five birds in five hunts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0847 (002).jpg (527.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0851 (002).jpg (540.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0862 (002).jpg (540.6 KB, 2 views)
Daniel Webster once said ""Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."
Stephen Hodges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2024, 10:42 PM   #2
Jeff Christie
PGCA Member

Member Info

Father son hunts last both lifetimes. Believe me I know. Priceless!
Jeff Christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Christie For Your Post:
Unread 05-16-2024, 07:34 AM   #3
David Case
Forum Associate

Member Info

Still remember my 2nd son's Big Tom 20 years ago when he was 14 years old . After that I gave him the Ithaca shotgun, he earned it. As said price less. The Tom was henned up in a rolling hay field, we crawled 100 yds in the heavy morning dew. Staying in the low spots till we got with in 30 yds cresting a low spot to make the shot without shooting the hens.
David Case is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to David Case For Your Post:
Unread 05-18-2024, 10:01 AM   #4
Gerald McPherson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Love the CZ o/u's. I have 2 Woodcock Deluxe 20 gauge a 28 and 26 in. Not able to hunt so we shoot clays. Neighbor liked mine so much he also found one. Good hunting there for sure.
Gerald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gerald McPherson For Your Post: