Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 12-09-2017, 07:35 PM   #21
10 bore
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,436 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Cronin View Post
HINT - you were there at the last New Years Day Allen....
God, It sucks getting old
Unread 12-09-2017, 07:40 PM   #22
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,695 Times in 1,233 Posts

I had it in my GPS from last year..I remember it was a two hrs drive from my house to major Waldron's. I remember going there now. It just took a few pulls on the recesses of my memory to bring it out. Lol. Yes, it does suck getting old.
allen newell is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #23
stumpstalker
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,347 Times in 673 Posts

Allen:

Your post on this Forum after that New Year's Day shoot last January was most inspiring, and as I recall other Members registered their appreciation of it as well.

Quote:

"I grew up shooting my grandfather's and my Dad's 16 ga. VH on grouse, woodcock and pheasants here in Massachusetts and just outside of Boston when there was no shortage of native birds. My uncles all shot Parkers, albeit high[er] grades than the VH I was shooting. My brother and I were told constantly by my Dad and two uncles that Parkers were the best American made doubles by far. But this is as far as my knowledge went. They were great guns and you didn't need to shoot any other gun. Until I joined the PGCA, I never realized or even gave it a thought that there was so much history and information to be learned about the Parker (or as we say here in New England, 'Parka'.) PGCA events such as the one we just had at Major Waldron's have allowed me another vehicle to not only make new friends and acquaintances but increase my knowledge of these fine old guns. I come away from these events and forums reflecting on how little I know and how far I must go to gain and increase in my knowledge base on Parkers. I most appreciate the times at these events when I can inquire and more than that just listen to the gents who know so much more about Parkers, their manufacture et al, So, I say, let's continue these events and bring in more youth to the PGCA community so we can insure these guns continue to be appreciated and treasured for years to come. They are indeed a part of America's history and sporting culture. Thanks again for yesterday's event at Major Waldron's. And thanks to the club for hosting us. Oh and I apologize for the length of this post. I'm just in a sentimental mood right now and felt the emotional urge to communicate with you all." --BRDHNTR, January 2017

REC
Unread 12-11-2017, 09:23 AM   #24
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thank you Russell. I'm looking forward to the shoot on New Years Day. Since my wife passed away (from cancer), I am much more reflective and as I said in last years post, more sentimental. Family and friends are treasured aspects of my life these days. Enough said. Let's pray the weather holds for the upcoming shoot. I'll try to remember to bring some homemade sourdough fruited breakfast rolls and maybe a nice bottle of single malt for after the shooting and to further warm our hearts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allen newell For Your Post:
Unread 12-14-2017, 02:28 PM   #25
bob weeman
Forum Associate

Member Info

I will be there and bring the usual lasagna...better load up some 10 gauge for the protection and Annie Oakley shoot! Enjoy those tremendously!
bob weeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #26
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,147 Times in 622 Posts

I think I would like to come to this as well. It's a doable 2hr 45min drive for me. It would be nice to meet and shoot with PGCA members. This sounds like a fun event and I am happy to bring some food and coffee/drinks.

Jay
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post:
Unread 12-14-2017, 02:50 PM   #27
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Jay, it is much fun and you get to meet and greet as well as see some nice Parkers.
The Following User Says Thank You to allen newell For Your Post:
Unread 12-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #28
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

What are the particulars for the New Years Day Shoot? If I knew the official info, I would post it to our calendar if someone else doesn't do it first. I know many here have attended prior shoots but for those that haven't, I think we need to let them know at least the location and times. I can make assumptions but I would like to have it from someone in charge....
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2017, 06:09 AM   #29
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Lewis View Post
What are the particulars for the New Years Day Shoot? If I knew the official info, I would post it to our calendar if someone else doesn't do it first. I know many here have attended prior shoots but for those that haven't, I think we need to let them know at least the location and times. I can make assumptions but I would like to have it from someone in charge....
The shoot starts at 9AM on 1/1/18. It is held at Major Waldron's Sportsmans Association, Major Waldron's Sportsmen's Association 339 Franklin Pierce Highway Barrington, NH 03825. The venue this year will be Skeet, Trap, and 5-Stand. If time and interest allows we will play some trap shooting games, Elimination aka Annie Oakley and a 27 yard line Protection with a 10ga shooter backing up a smaller gauge shooter. Food and drink is provided by what attendees would like to share (we have never gone hungry).
Unread 12-21-2017, 08:47 PM   #30
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Lester View Post
The shoot starts at 9AM on 1/1/18. It is held at Major Waldron's Sportsmans Association, Major Waldron's Sportsmen's Association 339 Franklin Pierce Highway Barrington, NH 03825. The venue this year will be Skeet, Trap, and 5-Stand. If time and interest allows we will play some trap shooting games, Elimination aka Annie Oakley and a 27 yard line Protection with a 10ga shooter backing up a smaller gauge shooter. Food and drink is provided by what attendees would like to share (we have never gone hungry).
I entered this in the calendar so it's easy to locate.

Thanks!!
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robin Lewis For Your Post: