Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 03-01-2024, 07:59 AM   #61
tom tutwiler
Forum Associate

Member Info

I attended the NE SXS, the Southern and the Vintage Cup last year. The Vintage Cup was a Cluster.

The NE SXS has experienced the vendor withdrawal syndrome for the past 3 years. It is a shell from the vendor standpoint from what it used to be. There used to be vendors in the garage above the tent and vendors parked on the sides all the time. That's all gone. Even the tend itself had empty vendor booths last year for the first time. CSMC didn't even attend or a few others that folks know well. The shooting venue is good and Ernie IMO does everything right. Bottom line is less folks are there.

The Southern is the current crown jewel as far as being a good place for shopping and it has 3 times the vendors of the other two places. They do sell guns, and many vendors will buy from other vendors on set up day. The shooting venue itself is overcrowded and the wait times are long. I know of folks last year that waited for 2 plus hours to shoot a round. Most folks get frustrated and go to other clays courses nearby to shoot. The Southern also does well because decent hotels nearby and some good eats (steak and BBQ) and frankly it the first event of the year and folks want to go out and play and perhaps buy something new to try out.

I've shot the Rock Mountain event and its a great course and run super well. Mike and others do a great job. For me its about 6 hours away and my wife won't let me spend too much money and force her to watch the dog pack.

Shame about the Vintage Cup, but I feel that event is going to be conflicting with early hunting seasons and will suffer for that reason. As of now the Southern is King as it hits lots of what folks want and its timing as being the first event of the season is perfect.
tom tutwiler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tom tutwiler For Your Post:
Unread 03-03-2024, 11:34 AM   #62
Harry Gietler
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom tutwiler View Post
I attended the NE SXS, the Southern and the Vintage Cup last year. The Vintage Cup was a Cluster.

The NE SXS has experienced the vendor withdrawal syndrome for the past 3 years. It is a shell from the vendor standpoint from what it used to be. There used to be vendors in the garage above the tent and vendors parked on the sides all the time. That's all gone. Even the tend itself had empty vendor booths last year for the first time. CSMC didn't even attend or a few others that folks know well. The shooting venue is good and Ernie IMO does everything right. Bottom line is less folks are there.

The Southern is the current crown jewel as far as being a good place for shopping and it has 3 times the vendors of the other two places. They do sell guns, and many vendors will buy from other vendors on set up day. The shooting venue itself is overcrowded and the wait times are long. I know of folks last year that waited for 2 plus hours to shoot a round. Most folks get frustrated and go to other clays courses nearby to shoot. The Southern also does well because decent hotels nearby and some good eats (steak and BBQ) and frankly it the first event of the year and folks want to go out and play and perhaps buy something new to try out.

I've shot the Rock Mountain event and its a great course and run super well. Mike and others do a great job. For me its about 6 hours away and my wife won't let me spend too much money and force her to watch the dog pack.

Shame about the Vintage Cup, but I feel that event is going to be conflicting with early hunting seasons and will suffer for that reason. As of now the Southern is King as it hits lots of what folks want and its timing as being the first event of the season is perfect.
Tom, I said the same thing about the N.E. last year. I had to buy a ''Knive Proof'' vest for My Back, ben told to stop my whininy,(NO COOKIES FOR ME)
Glad to see some other guys see the same things I see. That's why we need a change to Mid West Shoots. It will bring the shoots back
''TO LIFE''.

Harry
Harry Gietler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2024, 06:02 PM   #63
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,428 Posts

In my humble opinion people come to Ernie's to shoot. And shoot we do. Even if there were no vendors there it wouldn't stop me and most of the guys I know from coming and shooting targets and the breeze. If you want to shop go to the southern- there certainly isn't any decent shooting to be had there. And if you really want to blow your shooting budget, come to the "Rock" in July. Just enough crap for sale in the pavilion and more good targets than you can shake an 8 ga. at. I could care less if the VGC survives or not. And I don't even have an 8 ga to shake.
Unread 03-04-2024, 06:03 PM   #64
Harry Gietler
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Corona View Post
In my humble opinion people come to Ernie's to shoot. And shoot we do. Even if there were no vendors there it wouldn't stop me and most of the guys I know from coming and shooting targets and the breeze. If you want to shop go to the southern- there certainly isn't any decent shooting to be had there. And if you really want to blow your shooting budget, come to the "Rock" in July. Just enough crap for sale in the pavilion and more good targets than you can shake an 8 ga. at. I could care less if the VGC survives or not. And I don't even have an 8 ga to shake.
WOW, No Soup for you

Harry
Harry Gietler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Harry Gietler For Your Post:
Unread 03-04-2024, 08:04 PM   #65
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Corona View Post
And if you really want to blow your shooting budget, come to the "Rock" in July. Just enough crap for sale in the pavilion and more good targets than you can shake an 8 ga. at. I could care less if the VGC survives or not. And I don't even have an 8 ga to shake.
You just say the word you’re more than welcome to borrow my 8 gauge and shake it at Mike’s !
Unread 03-05-2024, 12:55 AM   #66
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
You just say the word you’re more than welcome to borrow my 8 gauge and shake it at Mike’s !
And you can shake the little 28. Only I want it back. You won't have to worry about me giving you the 8 back.
Unread 03-05-2024, 12:57 AM   #67
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gietler View Post
WOW, No Soup for you

Harry
Harry, my good friend. Please come to Ernie's in June and I will pay for your first round on the BoWhoop or BabyWhoop. Your choice. It's all good.
Hopkins Game Farm
Unread 03-05-2024, 09:26 PM   #68
Stan Hoover
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,297 Times in 629 Posts

Default Hopkins Game Farm

I must say Hopkins has a nice course. Is was a little wet after the rain, but a pleasant day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2371.jpg (501.7 KB, 6 views)
Stan Hoover is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stan Hoover For Your Post: