Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 03-03-2016, 02:35 PM   #11
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Truitt View Post
To many shooters going to Drakes and having fun? Some of us started shooting at Drakes because the targets were better, the pricing was better, there were no long lines and we were appreciated there. There was nothing going on at Deep River and now that this has grown into an event you feel the need to try to lure back some shooters.
Quote from Rich Anderson

Hey come join us if you want. Don't if you don't want to.
There is no need to create an argument or start a fight when there is no issue. None of this was done to lure shooters back or to change things to mess up anyone elses plans.

I think you and Mr Anderson seem to believe every event or occurrence involving the Southern is a reflection upon you guys or some how being done to negatively affect you guys.
I can tell you that in no way was this planned or set up or thought of on my part or my friends part or any one else involved to do this to you guys.
I have no ill feelings or thoughts or other towards you two.
Please don't make an issue out of nothing.

This event is being put together for fun for us to enjoy.

If you guys want to come join us, please do. I personally would love to have you guys shoot with us. But if you have other plans please stick to them. Again this is NOT BEING DONE TO HURT YOU OR MESS UP YOUR PLANS OR PREVENT OTHERS FROM JOINING YOU GUYS over at Drakes or anywhere else.

Its just meant to be fun.
John,
Not sure how you took what I said but, this statement from you does upset me,
" I think you and Mr Anderson seem to believe every event or occurrence involving the Southern is a reflection upon you guys or some how being done to negatively affect you guys. "

I never said that ! And believe it or not I too want the best for the PGCA.That was a cheap shot.. and no, not going there. Last comment on this (John,if you want to discuss this further let's do it by pm or phone, fine but this should not be on the forum, which I know you may not prefer)
Eric
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2016, 02:43 PM   #12
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 338 Posts

No Eric this needs to remain on the forum for all to see.

I do not think this should be removed.

I meant what I said and wrote and it was not a cheap shot but a statement in response to yours you posted this morning. This is not a personal issue. Don't make it one. Read my response as that statement was meant for you to understand that this was not being done to hurt you or anyone else and not being done to personally attack you.

You are welcome to call me or PM me.
I will PM you my cell phone number.
John Truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2016, 03:05 PM   #13
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,605 Times in 2,666 Posts

I can assure you that I am not abandoning plans to shoot at Drakes on Thursday and substituting coming to Deep River.

It always sounds like you fellows have quite the time there and I suspect you will again.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 03-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #14
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Day View Post
It always sounds like you fellows have quite the time there and I suspect you will again.
Bruce it really is a nice place to shoot. They have two 100 target courses and a 5 stand. Try it sometime.
Unread 03-03-2016, 04:01 PM   #15
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Mr Anderson is correct. Drakes is a phenomenal place. Great terrain. Great ambiance and two terrific courses.

I plan on shooting there on Wed.

If you or anyone else has the time it is well worth it.

John
Unread 03-03-2016, 04:10 PM   #16
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,190 Posts

"John,
Not sure how you took what I said but, this statement from you does upset me,
" I think you and Mr Anderson seem to believe every event or occurrence involving the Southern is a reflection upon you guys or some how being done to negatively affect you guys. "

I never said that ! And believe it or not I too want the best for the PGCA.That was a cheap shot.. and no, not going there. Last comment on this (John,if you want to discuss this further let's do it by pm or phone, fine but this should not be on the forum, which I know you may not prefer)
Eric "

This is what I said originally in the other post and quoted, not sure were all of the quotes that John posted came from.
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2016, 04:28 PM   #17
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Eric and I will be there Wed around noon and plant to shoot. I have a 28ga hammer gun I'm dying to shoot.
Unread 03-03-2016, 05:53 PM   #18
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Looking forward to seeing everyone and seeing you guys there.

All my best,

John
Unread 03-03-2016, 11:12 PM   #19
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,771 Times in 2,005 Posts

Hope to make it in Wed to shoot, but if not will be getting in Wed eve., and will shoot all day Thurs. Bruce & John, look forward to meeting you there .
I shoot at Drakes, but not at the Southern for a very simple reason, I am not a competitive shooter, as a matter of fact, on my best days I am MEDIOCER--I can see COB, Daryl, Mark Q., Mike Smith, and more shaking their heads in agreement. But you have to agree guys, I am shooting much better than when I first met you at the Eastern SXS in WV. So, I am shooting just for fun and to hang out with my friends. I shot this past Sunday at Hunting Hills In Pa with my friend Mark. Mark is a serious competitor and decided to have a little fun. He shot the first pair with his left hand behind his back and broke them both. On the second pair, he held his 12 ga Marlin LC Smith one handed out in front of him like a pistol, and again broke them both. The third pair, he shot from the hip and missed one, Hell, I cant compete with someone like that. He has won both the 16 and 20 ga at the Southern before. He came over tonight, and left with one of my Sterlingworth 16's and my VH 1 frame 16 to try, as he does not own a 16. I would not be surprised if he wins the 16 ga with one of my guns. And , there are a few other guys from Wheeling, who regularly shoot in the 90's who will be at the Southern who are there to try to win, extremely competitive shooters. I will go to the Southern Fri. afternoon and again Saturday, usually spend a few hundred on old books, etc and enjoy the experience.
I wish I could shoot good enough to compete , but really just want to chill out from the pressures of private practice and have fun. Looking forward to seeing my old friends and meeting some new ones, shoot straight my friends.
Harold
Unread 03-03-2016, 11:16 PM   #20
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,771 Times in 2,005 Posts

Hope to make it in Wed to shoot, but if not will be getting in Wed eve., and will shoot all day Thurs. Bruce & John, look forward to meeting you there .
I shoot at Drakes, but not at the Southern for a very simple reason, I am not a competitive shooter, as a matter of fact, on my best days I am mediocre--I can see COB, Daryl, Mark Q., Mike Smith, and more shaking their heads in agreement. But you have to agree guys, I am shooting much better than when I first met you at the Eastern SXS in WV. So, I am shooting just for fun and to hang out with my friends. I shot this past Sunday at Hunting Hills In Pa with my friend Mark. Mark is a serious competitor and decided to have a little fun. He shot the first pair with his left hand behind his back and broke them both. On the second pair, he held his 12 ga Marlin LC Smith one handed out in front of him like a pistol, and again broke them both. The third pair, he shot from the hip and missed one, Hell, I cant compete with someone like that. He has won both the 16 and 20 ga at the Southern before. He came over tonight, and left with one of my Sterlingworth 16's and my VH 1 frame 16 to try, as he does not own a 16. I would not be surprised if he wins the 16 ga with one of my guns. And , there are a few other guys from Wheeling, who regularly shoot in the 90's who will be at the Southern who are there to try to win, extremely competitive shooters. I will go to the Southern Fri. afternoon and again Saturday, usually spend a few hundred on old books, etc and enjoy the experience.
I wish I could shoot good enough to compete , but really just want to chill out from the pressures of private practice and have fun. Looking forward to seeing my old friends and meeting some new ones, shoot straight my friends.
Harold