Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

16 G Parker - Smith Challenge ?
Unread 03-02-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default 16 G Parker - Smith Challenge ?

Did I hear correct, New Parker Smith Challenge event on Thursday 16 G only ?

William
William Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2016, 02:14 PM   #2
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 338 Posts

Gentleman,

Below are the rules for our 16 gauge shoot: "The Sweet 16 LC Smith vs Parker team grudge match".

Thursday April 21st .At Deep River Sporting Clays, on the five stand set by Rick Hemingway. (the one on the right when facing the dove field) From 1 pm until five on Thursday only.
30 targets as in years past/ two report pairs final pair is a true/ simultaneous pair. 16 gauge Parker or Smith only. Hammer or hammerless guns allowed.
Can shoot event as many times as your pocket/ time/ or money allow. Your top score is the one that counts.

Top three scoring shooters from Parker and top three from Smith will comprise a "team". The scores will be totaled for each and the top scoring team will be determined the winner. In the event of a tie, one shooter from each team (chosen by their team mates) will shoot off for team bragging rights. ( a full 30 target round if time allows if not Rick Hemingway will decide the number of targets/ fees again paid to Rick).
Top three shooters from each team will receive two boxes of RST 16 gauge shells each. The winning team will get a special award (hope yall enjoy a cold one or two).

PLEASE NOTE THIS IN NO WAY IS A PGCA OR LCSCA SANCTIONED EVENT/ SPONSORED EVENT OR HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE OFFICAL CHALLENGE EVENTS.

Score cards will be with the trapper, at that five stand, who helps Rick Hemingway. Please let them know what you are shooting/ what maker of gun/ your name/ etc.
No registration fee. But target fees to be paid to Rick/ trapper per their normal fees. In the past it was usually $15 per round of 30 five stand targets.

This is for fun and camaraderie. All complaints will be filed in the official circular filling device. aka: the trash can.
Please come out and join us and shoot your 16 gauge. Hope to see yall there. Please pass the word
John Truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John Truitt For Your Post:
Unread 03-02-2016, 02:40 PM   #3
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Good news

William
William Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2016, 09:11 AM   #4
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,605 Times in 2,666 Posts

I'll be there if I can get out on the road and if I don't get stopped at the eastern border checkpoint because of carrying guns.

This is at Deep River and not Drakes, correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ks09.JPG (141.2 KB, 3 views)
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2016, 10:15 AM   #5
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Yes sir at Deep River on Thursday April 21st on the five stand set by Rick Hemingway.

Everyone welcome to shoot but only Smith and Parker 16's will be included in the competition.

Come on out and have some fun with the 16 gauge guns.

Could someone or would someone be willing to bring and camera and get some photos?
IMO it would be a cool picture to have a bunch of Parker 16 gauges together.
Unread 03-03-2016, 12:31 PM   #6
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,074 Times in 1,190 Posts

Sounds nice, but I'm committed to the shoot at Drakes Landing that's been going on for the last three or so years, so as not to compete with the shoot at Deep River. Thursday was the day when Deep River was just getting setup so a few of us decided to shoot Drakes now you want to change things ?
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2016, 01:04 PM   #7
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

To many shooters going to Drakes and having fun? Some of us started shooting at Drakes because the targets were better, the pricing was better, there were no long lines and we were appreciated there. There was nothing going on at Deep River and now that this has grown into an event you feel the need to try to lure back some shooters.
Unread 03-03-2016, 02:04 PM   #8
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Sounds nice, but I'm committed to the shoot at Drakes Landing that's been going on for the last three or so years, so as not to compete with the shoot at Deep River. Thursday was the day when Deep River was just getting setup so a few of us decided to shoot Drakes now you want to change things ? Quote from Eric Eis

Hey come join us if you want. Don't if you don't want to.
There is no need to create an argument or start a fight when there is no issue. None of this was done to lure shooters back or to change things to mess up anyone elses plans.

I think you and Mr Anderson seem to believe every event or occurrence involving the Southern is a reflection upon you guys or some how being done to negatively affect you guys.
I can tell you that in no way was this planned or set up or thought of on my part or my friends part or any one else involved to do this to you guys.
I have no ill feelings or thoughts or other towards you two.
Please don't make an issue out of nothing.
This event is being put together for fun for us to enjoy.

If you guys want to come join us, please do. I personally would love to have you guys shoot with us. But if you have other plans please stick to them. Again this is NOT BEING DONE TO HURT YOU OR MESS UP YOUR PLANS OR PREVENT OTHERS FROM JOINING YOU GUYS over at Drakes or anywhere else.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Truitt For Your Post:
Unread 03-03-2016, 02:04 PM   #9
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,605 Times in 2,666 Posts

I ride for the brand.

Many thanks to John, Mills and other good PGCA members who have devoted their time and efforts before and those who will come after, to make PGCA participation in the Southern Side by Side a fine event.

Thanks for your loyalty and dedication. I will be there on Thursday and will try to shoot well and make the PGCA team. I'll bring a camera and we can get some photos for the forum and Parker Pages.

Only 50 cents a target!!
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 03-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #10
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

To many shooters going to Drakes and having fun? Some of us started shooting at Drakes because the targets were better, the pricing was better, there were no long lines and we were appreciated there. There was nothing going on at Deep River and now that this has grown into an event you feel the need to try to lure back some shooters.
Quote from Rich Anderson

Hey come join us if you want. Don't if you don't want to.
There is no need to create an argument or start a fight when there is no issue. None of this was done to lure shooters back or to change things to mess up anyone elses plans.

I think you and Mr Anderson seem to believe every event or occurrence involving the Southern is a reflection upon you guys or some how being done to negatively affect you guys.
I can tell you that in no way was this planned or set up or thought of on my part or my friends part or any one else involved to do this to you guys.
I have no ill feelings or thoughts or other towards you two.
Please don't make an issue out of nothing.

This event is being put together for fun for us to enjoy.

The truth is I did not even take into consideration any one going over to Drakes or how it would or could affect them. I just got info that you guys had planned a 16 ga shoot at Drakes on Thursday well in advance of this event even coming to light. For that I am sorry and can see how that would create tension/ etc. Again I am sorry for that and was not aware of your guys plans. Ignorance is not a valid excuse and I was ignorant of your plans. MY BAD GUYS.

If you guys want to come join us, please do. I personally would love to have you guys shoot with us. But if you have other plans please stick to them. Again this is NOT BEING DONE TO HURT YOU OR MESS UP YOUR PLANS OR PREVENT OTHERS FROM JOINING YOU GUYS over at Drakes or anywhere else.

Its just meant to be fun.
Some shooters will be at Drakes and some at Deep River and some at both. I hope everyone has fun and enjoys themselves and shoots well.
Go TEAM PARKER!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Truitt For Your Post: