Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

yes, 28"
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #11
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default yes, 28"

I emailed the seller, and he says they are indeed 28" IC/Mod. However, if the LOP is 14 1/4" (average), then the scale of the picture would make the bbls 26" . I agree, very nice wood.
Joe Bernfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #12
Setter Man
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,636 Times in 634 Posts

Jump on it.
Jay Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #13
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gardner View Post
Jump on it.
I already have the 28 ga. Repro. I want (26" Q1/Q2, DT, PG, BT). I posted this in case someone else on this forum was interested.
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #14
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,229 Times in 12,375 Posts

[QUOTE=Joe Bernfeld;40073]I want (26" Q1/Q2, DT, PG, BT)QUOTE]

Kathy has that exact gun and it is a wonderful shooter. I even borrow her barrels for early season grouse and woodcock.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #15
Tony Guccioni
Forum Associate

Member Info

Another thing regarding wood that I've seen on Parker Repros...the dissimilarity is astounding.
I can't think of another line of guns that are stocked with timber that most would consider very good right thru' to exquisite. Some examples I would venture to describe as beautifully bizarre !!
My experience mainly lies with Winchesters out of the Olin-Kodensha factory and mid range berettas (Dt10s, eell and the like).With these and most other half decent production guns you have a fair idea what you''ll find when it comes to wood quality/figure and grain. With these Parkers, you just don't know what the heck the next gun is going to be 'wearing'.
Yes, I know it's all part of the mystique and that's one of the reasons I intend joining the owners club.
Can't wait.

Cheers.
Tony Guccioni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #16
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bernfeld View Post
I emailed the seller, and he says they are indeed 28" IC/Mod. However, if the LOP is 14 1/4" (average), then the scale of the picture would make the bbls 26" . I agree, very nice wood.
Joe, I agree with you. At least you got the seller to e-mail you back, I have yet to receive a response from the two e-mails I sent him. Despite the seller telling you that the pictured gun has 28" barrels, I don't believe it.

This seller sure has come up with some interesting and out-of-the-ordinary Repro listings. Let's take a look:

Here's a 28/.410 set. This gun is described as a SST gun, but the pics are of a DT gun. When was the last time you seen a set like this listed that did not include a separate forend for the .410 set of barrels? I never have.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/New...n_id=100169856

Here's a Sporting Clays Classic, listed as a 2-bbl. set. Where are the choke tubes? When have you ever seen a SCC that was part of a 2-bbl. set? I never have.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/Use...n_id=100169771

Now, none of the above prove anything, but nonetheless; are suspicious in their listings and raises a little red flag--at least for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post:
Unread 04-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #17
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Good point Greg.
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #18
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,304 Times in 445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Baehman View Post
Joe, I agree with you. At least you got the seller to e-mail you back, I have yet to receive a response from the two e-mails I sent him. Despite the seller telling you that the pictured gun has 28" barrels, I don't believe it.

This seller sure has come up with some interesting and out-of-the-ordinary Repro listings. Let's take a look:

Here's a 28/.410 set. This gun is described as a SST gun, but the pics are of a DT gun. When was the last time you seen a set like this listed that did not include a separate forend for the .410 set of barrels? I never have.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/New...n_id=100169856

Here's a Sporting Clays Classic, listed as a 2-bbl. set. Where are the choke tubes? When have you ever seen a SCC that was part of a 2-bbl. set? I never have.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/Use...n_id=100169771

Now, none of the above prove anything, but nonetheless; are suspicious in their listings and raises a little red flag--at least for me.
All good points & follow my first impressions as well.

The sporting clays gun runs the red flag the most with me. My first question would be that I wanted to see pictures of the choke tubes. They should be win-chokes from Winchester, also shouldn't the sporting clays specials have a beavertail? But with that said it is an interesting combo if it's an actual SCC. The 26" Q-1/Q-2 barrels for skeet and the longer 28" tubed barrels for sporting clays.

If I were interested in any of these I would make sure to have a long phone conversation with the seller and ask lots of questions.

Alaska is a long ways away with expensive shipping costs just to possibly find things not to your liking.
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
mystery ended
Unread 04-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #19
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default mystery ended

Looks like he actually measured the barrels. He changed his ad to read 26"...
Unread 04-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #20
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bernfeld View Post
Looks like he actually measured the barrels. He changed his ad to read 26"...
HAH!

Even though I have no money, I was so sure of my suspicions that in my 2nd e-mail to the seller I told him I would take the gun at his asking price--providing the pictured gun was indeed as he had described--that being a 28" factory choked IC/M gun. The seller hasn't responded to these e-mails at all to say that the he was mistaken or that there was a typo in the ad--not that he had to, but that would be the proper thing to do. This all raises that little red flag a bit higher for me regarding his other listings.

Paul, SCC's were built in all configurations including splinter forends and DT's. Win-chokes could be installed in any gun, I would want to see how the barrel flats of his listed SCC are marked to make sure they are factory stamped ISC--providing that checks out I'd also make sure all serial numbers matched.