Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Unread 03-13-2011, 07:34 AM   #11
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,909 Times in 534 Posts

Case color of the parker repro's....I own and shoot my repro's...pictures are made to look at...guns are made to shoot!...If its investing your talking about then you should get them white gloves to touch and hold them with....HHHHMMMM what fun would that be??? I love the smell that vapors from a fired shot shell....(-: Probably die of lung cancer..Some repro's have gone silver faster than others that Im shooting, don't know why. Any regular use with swetty hands or gloves work the color off faster. Be carfull with the bug spray!...it attacks the clear coat on the wood. As stated above, with use they get a warm loved look that makes me happy, they get lots of attention in the rack at the gun club!...(-: Tom Skues hit a home run with his Parker repro's....how els could you afford to own minty DHE in 28ga....410...20/16 great quality that realy shoot hard! He got cheap with the case color but sure made it up with the wood! No one should fuss about the price of his guns,...they are a great value!!! At some point I will have my well used ones freshed up, re-cased, dress the checkering and oil finish the wood!...sweet! thanks all SXS ohio....
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenny Graft For Your Post:
Unread 03-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #12
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,614 Times in 2,667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin humburg View Post
Bruce are you saying I shouldn't off spray painted mine. Well fiddle! and I got such a nice cammo pattern.

Well maybe I was being a little harsh. I really don't think bluing is a good idea, but maybe you have something with a camo pattern. If you could do a pink camo pattern, wow, think of what could happen when you took it to the gun club.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pink_guns.jpg (27.5 KB, 128 views)
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #13
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

U better stay out my safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
calvin humburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #14
Duckman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Tony,
Go to the second page of threads in this repro forum and see my post titled "more good work from Brad Bachelder" from August 2010. You will get an idea of what redone case colors can look like when bone/charcoal method is used. Engraving was not redone but looks as it did defore the work. Wood was redone also. The small gun is a 28 and the original case colors wore off in one season with moderate use. The other is a 12 bore and the colors were more persistent but I can tell you the gun looks for all the world like it came off the shelf this way. Colors are not as harsh in person as in the photo. I have had 3 redone and the 12 ga is easily my favorite both to shoot and look at. I consider this new look a good starting point to let the guns age gracefully with use. I never did care for the original colors and stock finish even when the guns were new.
-plc-
Peter Clark is offline   Reply With Quote