Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 10-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #21
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,306 Times in 446 Posts

Here you go Dean.

http://www.williamlarkinmoore.com/pr...ls.asp?id=3065

Kenny,

My old uncle Jimmy taught me at a young age that an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

This gun is beautiful. If it pop's your rocket, your the only one that can answer the question of value for it. If it were me I would call Dave Moore and ask him to take any additional pictures you might like to see of it. Ask lots of questions and then think about it for a week or more.

This gun isn't going anywhere real fast. Take your time!!! Your gut and brain will tell you what to do!

Paul
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Ehlers For Your Post:
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #22
John Havard
PGCA Member

Member Info

One of Bill Moore's sons commissioned this particular shotgun for himself and they aren't too interested in selling it. I know because I tried to buy it a few months ago at a price I thought more reasonable than their asking price. Buying a shotgun like this one is like buying a diamond or maybe a house. You have to find just the right person who wants "that" particular diamond or house or gun. They are inflexible in their price and they won't sell it any time soon if that remains the case in my opinion.
John Havard is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit John Havard's homepage!
Unread 10-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #23
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,925 Times in 870 Posts

For just a bit more, another $5,000 for a total of $25,000, you could have had the real McCoy at Julia's Auction yesterday. Granted, not as flashy but when it comes time to sell this one will find a loving home a lot faster, IMHO.

*RARE & DESIRABLE PARKER AHE SINGLE TRIGGER STRAIGHT GRIP GAME GUN. SN 239747. Cal. 20 ga. 2-3/4" Chambers. 0 Frame. 26" Acme steel bbls have all correct stamps on bbl flats. Action with single filed bead around fences is engraved with typical late Parker scroll and game scenes, with a trio of bobwhite on left, pair of flying pheasants on right, and trio of pheasants on bottom. "Parker" is on bottom of action. Marbled and nicely fiddle-figured European walnut straight grip buttstock measures 14-3/8" over skeleton buttplate. Stock features typical "A" recessed checkered side panels, fleur de lis drop points, and fancy checkering pattern with mullered borders. Gold oval on toe line is engraved with monogram "E C V". Matching splinter ejector forend has nearly full coverage of checkering. Bore diameter: left -.617, right -.618. Bore restrictions: left -.016, right -.009. Wall thickness: left -.025, right -.025. Drop at heel: 2-3/8", drop at comb: 1-5/16". Weight: 6 lbs. 7 oz. LOP 14-3/8". Parker Gun Identification and Serialization ledger lists this gun in this configuration. PROVENANCE: Ned Schwing Collection. CONDITION: Excellent. Bbls retain 80 - 85% of orig blue, thinning and browning overall, especially along rib. Action retains a considerable amount of orig case hardening color, but is mostly a very pleasing silver gray overall. Trigger guard is flaked, and toned to nearly all silver. Buttstock has had a professional repair at wrist, and retains most of what appears to be orig finish having typical handling marks. Checkering has been re-cut. Crest plate and skeleton buttplate with later engraving. Bores are excellent, bright and shiny. Action is tight. Ejectors are in time. Trigger works. A nicely configured high grade Parker, all A quality guns are scarce, with a total of 306 hammerless guns ever being made, only 46 in 20 ga. 4-42575 MGM169 (30,000-50,000)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ah.jpg (73.4 KB, 92 views)
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #24
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,303 Times in 12,394 Posts

Thanks Paul for linking that fabulous Parker.

I certainly would like to have that gun in hand. My guess is that the pictures don't really do it justice. That gun really rings my bell and I think the asking price is right in there in the 'reasonable' category. There was a CHE restored by DTR a year or two ago that was for sale for quite some time (don't know if it ever sold) with a $35,000 ('unreasonable') asking price which wasn't nearly the gun this one is. DTR is one of the very few shops that produce some of the finest work, both restorations as well as upgrades in the country and, dare I say, even the world.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #25
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,910 Times in 534 Posts

Would it go yo Kansas if perchased?...Yup! I drive my 42000.00 pick up in the mud too. This may not be the right hi grade for me? It does have the right dementions and is so nice! They may be firm on this one? Im not going to bother WLM just yet. I plan to sell some of my non used ones and re think the hi gade perchase for now. Later I may send them a offer with cash in hand....Im also working with Chuck Brunner on getting the right 16 for me...he has been getting some realy nice parkers lately..(-: I want it to have ...Dt-PG-SF 28" with the right tube full or X-full, the left choke does not matter so mutch. Stock will be 1 3/8 2 3/8 14 1/4 at 6 to 6 1/2 lbs maybe 6 3/4 lbs if all else is correct....Wake up now#!%&*$$$.....thanks all SXS ohio...(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #26
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,616 Times in 2,667 Posts

Thanks for posting the pictures Robin. A beautiful and correct Parker. An example of a Parker that will be in the core of someone's collection and grow in value over the years. A gun that will be admired by purists and non purists alike.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote