Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

USPS Service
Unread 12-16-2020, 01:44 PM   #1
Joe from MO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,071 Times in 418 Posts

Default USPS Service

Anyone else having issues with USPS right now?

I recently purchased an Ithaca NID 16ga off gun broker.

Sent the guy a chashiers check priority mail with tracking and everything.

It's last update was a distribution center in IL. Been sitting there since 12/8 now. I am hearing stories about Priority mail taking up to 3-4 weeks to arrive, as it just sits in dist centers because of short staffing.

The guy I am buying from has been very patient, and is in no hurry.

But, fairly frustrating, as anyone who has ever bought a gun off GB before knows, you can't wait to get your hands on the gun, so you can figure out if it is what you think it is....
Unread 12-16-2020, 01:51 PM   #2
Billy Gross
PGCA Member

Member Info

I am having similar problems. Billy
Billy Gross is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Billy Gross For Your Post:
Unread 12-16-2020, 01:54 PM   #3
Jerry Parise
Forum Associate

Member Info

I mailed a painter a check in late September and it has not arrived yet. I wrote him a check two weeks after I mailed it and he had not received it. I took it to him personally because I felt so bad that he had not received it and did not want to leave him hanging.
Jerry Parise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Parise For Your Post:
Unread 12-16-2020, 02:09 PM   #4
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,458 Times in 3,383 Posts

I sell a lot of stuff on GB and buy a fair amount so I know both sides of the coin very well . ALWAYS when I buy and pay by paper funds I send it Priority Mail take a picture of the label and send it to the seller . Atleast I can show then it’s been sent . GB protocol states funds and or FFL in the senders hands in14 days or less , however the buyer has no control over the GD USPS and if they have the tracking number atleast they know an envelope was sent their way . Over ten years doing this we’ve had problems with UPS FedEx and the USPS . Just seems here lately the PO is a hell of a lot worse . I’ve got a buddy that works for the PO and he said from the start of Covid19 their buisness quadrupled and now being Xmas I’m sure it’s 2 or 3 times worse .
Unread 12-16-2020, 02:17 PM   #5
Joe from MO
PGCA Member

Member Info

So far, the seller has been very patient. And, seems in no hurry.

Problem is, with a cashiers check, they are very difficult to stop.

So, we have to wait it out.

The problem for me is, this is the EXACT gun I have been looking for for a very long time.... And, now must wait because of PO.... arrgh!
Unread 12-16-2020, 02:25 PM   #6
WHO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,516 Times in 249 Posts

I too am having problems with USPS. Still waiting on deliveries that were out for delivery two days ago but never delivered and now it just says going to be late with no expected delivery date.
Wayne Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wayne Owens For Your Post:
Unread 12-16-2020, 02:32 PM   #7
Joe from MO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Owens View Post
I too am having problems with USPS. Still waiting on deliveries that were out for delivery two days ago but never delivered and now it just says going to be late with no expected delivery date.
That is exactly what happened to mine.... Sitting there like this since 12/11, for a couple days, they'd update and change the date as seen below... But, last time they even did that was on 12/11.

Status
In-Transit
December 11, 2020

In Transit, Arriving Late
Unread 12-16-2020, 02:44 PM   #8
Setter Man
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,636 Times in 634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
I sell a lot of stuff on GB and buy a fair amount so I know both sides of the coin very well . ALWAYS when I buy and pay by paper funds I send it Priority Mail take a picture of the label and send it to the seller . Atleast I can show then it’s been sent . GB protocol states funds and or FFL in the senders hands in14 days or less , however the buyer has no control over the GD USPS and if they have the tracking number atleast they know an envelope was sent their way . Over ten years doing this we’ve had problems with UPS FedEx and the USPS . Just seems here lately the PO is a hell of a lot worse . I’ve got a buddy that works for the PO and he said from the start of Covid19 their buisness quadrupled and now being Xmas I’m sure it’s 2 or 3 times worse .
Same story here. My buddy who works in the PO told me the same thing. On a related note, we have always received our mail at home by 300. Now it's closer to 600. There is a sigh out in front of our local post office that says "Now Hiring" You know it's bad when the USPS is putting out recruiting signs.
Jay Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2020, 03:10 PM   #9
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,595 Times in 1,841 Posts

I believe everyone is experiencing the same issues, mine have been numerous. I have a package that has been sitting in NC since 12/03 that had a delivery date of 12/05. Until this morning it had not been updated, now it has been updated to an expected delivery date of 12/04. Not sure quite how that's going to happen.

Had another package that was hung up in ND for several days with no movement then one day it appeared on my doorstep. Tracking said it was still in ND. Then about 4 days later I got the email, "Package Delivered".

As of now I have a Parker inbound with a delivery date of 12/17. As I have so little confidence in the target date being accurate I am not going to be disappointed when it does not show up, right. NOT HARDLY !
Randy G Roberts is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2020, 03:11 PM   #10
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,436 Times in 1,366 Posts

Things are moving slow. Tracking isn't being updated promptly etc etc. Blame it on Covid. Blame it on Christmas rush. Blame it on Trump. Blame it on someone! And I think the same kind of applies to all shipping companies right now.