Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Getting my dog
Unread 12-20-2010, 07:13 AM   #1
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default Getting my dog

These fellows and usually a lot more been coming out here and hunting a long time they are kin to my dads good friend so they get to hunt are land. Stan Kevins dad stoped in to visit dad on a hunt a few weeks back and I mentioned i'd like to get me a dog. So one evening Jamie calls me and says they have a dog for me I thought it was a good deal. Well they brought Sam out and hunted last weekend.calvin's pics 179.jpg

calvin's pics 204.jpg

calvin's pics 205.jpg

calvin's pics 207.jpg

calvin's pics 203.jpg
Pictures from top down.Jamie and Sam. Jacob and 1st. fez. Everbody from left to right Bree my daughter, Jett, Jamie, Jacob and Kevin the dog raiser. And my two helpers that always go hunting with me Sam's first hunt. Best to all ch So if I can figure out how to put pictures on the computer with the help of others anybody can so I'll be wating for some pictures to look at from you.
calvin humburg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calvin humburg For Your Post:
Unread 12-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

Calvin: Sam looks like a nice pup. Lots of fun ahead. Looks like a good time had by all. While you are figuring out pictures, I'll share one image, inspired by Jamie's upland gear. The image is from a few years back. I retired them this year, after 14 seasons. Jamie must hunt some high cover

Cheers,
Jack

Unread 12-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

My guess would be those tears are from crossing barbwire fences. They always seem to like to grab a person. I'd say you got those pants bucked out! Many a hunt in them. How you gettin along with the medication you got to take? best ch
Unread 12-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,421 Times in 12,424 Posts

I think the boy sitting on the tailgate got hung on barbed wire a few times. I expect his apparatus is none the worse for wear or he probably would have quit this game long ago.

Here's a shot of my 4 year-old Filson Tin Cloth Chaps in 2009.... they're much more tattered after the 2010 season but not ready for retirement yet. I'm kind of a skinflint Yankee and try not to waste anything or throw anything out before its time. Kathy calls me a hoarder but I don't think that's very kind....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 018.JPG (380.1 KB, 7 views)
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

The joys of barbed wire. What I really dislike is pushing down that top strand, hiking one leg over and finding that you were on the high side and your foot doesn't find the ground on the other side before the top wire finds you. As far as medication goes, we have found the right dose and doc talks like it will be needed for at least a year. I find small scratches look like small wounds in a few minutes. Re-learning how to handle ordinary life and didn't realize how often a guy gets a nick or scratch.
Cheers,
Jack
Unread 12-21-2010, 06:59 AM   #6
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Hes got kids I think thats why they shortened the barbs on the wire back in the day. I'd say there just right, the pants. I like the hammer gun a nice ol honest gun I'd like to have one with a skelaton buttplate got SBP on the brain. I just wish I had some guys to hunt with that carried classic doubles. Sure miss Charlie. Don't get me wrong I really like hunting with thoes guys and there shot guns were probaply what I'd have if my brain didn't have Parkeritice. The action on there berettas sounded almost as good as a Parker when you close it. Maybe I'll let ol Kevin shoot mine next time and it will infect him. best ch
The Following User Says Thank You to calvin humburg For Your Post:
Unread 12-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,623 Times in 2,670 Posts

Calvin, enjoy your new hunting partner. They enrich our lives, they love us unconditionally and they add so much enjoyment to game bird hunting. Mine love to get in the truck with me for any and all errands and split a hamburger. I've been blessed with some good dogs and companions and greatly saddened when I lose them.

I see your new dog is a pointer. My old Shortstop is a pointer, doing less and hurting more and I've only been able to hunt him a little this fall. But I have a young setter who brings joy every day and a grrrrr when she digs up the flowers.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #8
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,196 Posts

"Here's a shot of my 4 year-old Filson Tin Cloth Chaps in 2009.... they're much more tattered after the 2010 season but not ready for retirement yet. I'm kind of a skinflint Yankee and try not to waste anything or throw anything out before its time. Kathy calls me a hoarder but I don't think that's very kind...."

Dean my wife Vickie accuses me of the same thing..They just don't get "it" Eric
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #9
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,623 Times in 2,670 Posts

Economy getting any better up in Michigan, Eric? Thinking of you fellows at Christmas and I know its not easy up there with the long winter and difficult times.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #10
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,196 Posts

Thanks for asking Bruce and no it has not gotten any better but on the up side we are sending Jennifer a packing (our Governor) in Jan, thank "God", see did a wonderful job of putting us in the basement of this economy. Eric
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote