Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Buddy
Unread 11-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #21
Lee Lohman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Buddy

[QUOTE=Destry L. Hoffard;6619]Buddy there are guys on here that know more about Parker shotguns than anybody in the world, but we all own and shoot them. If we had a for sale page on here it would be a different deal, but we don't, so......

DLH[/QUOTe

Funny, I thought she was wanting to know what her gun was valued at. To me there is a big difference between selling a gun on a board and asking for an apprasial or estimate of worth or where to find info on value.
Keep in mind next time before you attempt to chase someone off , you don't have to read the thread . You are free to go onto the next topic.
Lee Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #22
Ray Masciarella
Forum Associate

Member Info

Wow, I'm new here and should probably keep quite but I sought advice and have had a great experience but I see things can get down right nasty.

Ray
Ray Masciarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #23
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,034 Times in 1,168 Posts

Wow, all I can say is Wow.....

The White Knights are out in force this evening.

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #24
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,099 Posts

Gentlemen ;I prefer to stay out of these forays " but " I think, and just my opinion and as they say opinions are like A$$ H'Ls ,every body has one ! I think Destry just called it like he saw it ,maybe a little rough around the edges but ,I don't know if any one else noticed ,on 10/ 31 ,I made a post about not being able to get on gun broker and if you go to the Parker discussion page and scroll down you will see this lady answered my question saying " she had a Parker on there for sale and couldn't get on to show the Pics. she had available ,which tells me also ,she already knew what she wanted for her Parker and also knew the SER # model # and enough about the gun that I agree with Destry ,she was trolling in a shallow lake ! I agree with the body ,we all have to be courteous but like Destry reminded us earlier ,This I believe was a sales pitch ! Again ,Just my own Humble opinion ! Russ
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #25
Lee St.Clair
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Jackson View Post
Gentlemen ;I prefer to stay out of these forays " but " I think, and just my opinion and as they say opinions are like A$$ H'Ls ,every body has one ! I think Destry just called it like he saw it ,maybe a little rough around the edges but ,I don't know if any one else noticed ,on 10/ 31 ,I made a post about not being able to get on gun broker and if you go to the Parker discussion page and scroll down you will see this lady answered my question saying " she had a Parker on there for sale and couldn't get on to show the Pics. she had available ,which tells me also ,she already knew what she wanted for her Parker and also knew the SER # model # and enough about the gun that I agree with Destry ,she was trolling in a shallow lake ! I agree with the body ,we all have to be courteous but like Destry reminded us earlier ,This I believe was a sales pitch ! Again ,Just my own Humble opinion ! Russ
Here is my post you are referring to(I copy and pasted it):

Gun Broker still down? I still can't get on....have a parker have posted questions about in there and they wanted pics...have pics now and can't get on!!!! sighs

The questions were posted in 'ask the expert'...as I look at my post I see nothing that says it was 'for sale'. Please get your facts staright sir, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Lee St.Clair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #26
Ray Masciarella
Forum Associate

Member Info

I knew I should have stayed out of this.
Now I'm a "White Knight" which I guess is some type of derogatory term. No, I'm not a "White Knight". Was just making an observation.
No fair minded person who has read this stuff would disagree that the tone of this whole thing is not very friendly. Again, just an observation. I have no side to choose. Sorry I spoke up. Have at it. I'll stay out of it from here on out.
Ray Masciarella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ray Masciarella For Your Post:
Unread 11-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #27
Robert Rzepiela
Forum Associate

Member Info

Can someone remind me why this website does not have "for sale section" ? I do not understand rationale of not allowing official "sale" postings while all the other shotgun websites have no problems with it. I mean "official" as I am pretty sure that if someone who starts a listing with " I have 20ga DHE which I have inherited and would like to know value ..." will get multiple offers by the end of the day from people who are members here and do not mind dealing "under the table".
Robert Rzepiela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #28
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Well stated, Bruce...

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Dunkle For Your Post:
Unread 11-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #29
John Davis
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,312 Times in 1,239 Posts

The following is the official Policy concerning Gun Sales as adopted by the Board of Directors. I hope this will help to clarify the Boards position.

"The question of a forum for the sale and purchase of guns via the PGCA website has once again been raised and considered by the Board of Directors. It is a primary goal of the PGCA to provide benefits to its members not otherwise readily available to them. The Question and Answer Forum, Your Parkers Age, Parker Grades, Parker ID, and Research Letters as offered on the PGCA website all meet this criteria. The sale of guns however does not. There are a number of web locations that already fill this particular need. Additionally there is the time and effort expended by valuable resources versus the return which must be considered. But when there are so many different sites available to the user, one must consider whether it is judicious to ask a volunteer to commit precious resources on duplication. The Board has determined that this is one of those instances and that it is not in the best interest of the PGCA or its members to expend such energy on this particular project. The PGCA will however provide links from its website to those websites which provide gun sale services."
John Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #30
John Davis
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,312 Times in 1,239 Posts

I would like to also add the following note concerning proper etiquette:

Chicago Field, March 18, 1876. “To Correspondents. - Correspondence is always acceptable, but it must be borne in mind that while we are ever ready to attack and expose corrupt practices wherever they may exist, the columns of this journal can be used neither to vent personal spite nor as a vehicle for billings gate. We are driven to these remarks from having received several communications of an abusive and personal character. It is the duty of a journal; as of an individual, to avoid wounding unnecessarily the feelings of any person. When there are disagreements or cause for bad blood between individuals, one is often as much to blame as the other. At any rate these quarrels are interesting only to the parties concerned, while they disgust the other readers of a paper. It is our purpose to publish a high toned journal, consequently all such matter is out of place in our columns. We like a spirited controversy as much as any one, but at the same time it must be on a subject in which our readers are interested and are to be benefitted; and the rules of etiquette in vogue among gentlemen must not be violated. Therefore the writers of those letters referred to will understand that we decline publishing such communications now and hereafter.”
John Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John Davis For Your Post: