Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

New DHE Trap Gun
Unread 03-29-2019, 10:21 AM   #1
Tom Flanigan
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,253 Times in 425 Posts

Default New DHE Trap Gun

I just bought the highest condition Parker I have ever purchased. It is a 1928 DHE trap gun and is a true closet gun with all the extras except for monte carlo. I bought the gun for my great friend Mark. He shoots trap with me every week and he needed a trap gun. He was shooting my field PH, a high condition gun in its own right.

I have known Mark since he was born. His family owns a large farm that I have hunted on since I was a kid. I was very close with his grandfather and father, both deceased. The property is contiguous to Governor Dewey’s farm and his grandfather ran Dapplemere farm for Dewey and was one of his closest friends. Dewey loved his Pawling farm and lived there until he died of a heart attack in 1981. I gave Mark’s father a Parker and Mark now has it.

Mark and I will be planting the farm this year with sorghum for the pheasants. We’ll plow, disc and seed in May.
Tom Flanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2019, 10:41 AM   #2
Alfred Greeson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Good story with a great friend, that's what life is all about. Let us know how he shoots with it.
Alfred Greeson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred Greeson For Your Post:
Unread 03-29-2019, 01:21 PM   #3
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

THAT Tom is true friendship. Hats off to you.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Flanders For Your Post:
Unread 03-31-2019, 09:49 AM   #4
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,559 Times in 3,070 Posts

Tom, your friend is obviously lucky, and not because he’s being gifted a wonderful gun. It also sounds like you’ve received a fine gift yourself.
Garry L Gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 04-01-2019, 11:38 AM   #5
Tom Flanigan
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,253 Times in 425 Posts

I appreciate the kind responses. My friendship with Mark's family goes back generations. Mark is also the best Piper Cub pilot I know. I enjoyed flying with him in his Cub. If you can fly a cub, you can fly almost anything.

The DHE trap gun fits Mark perfectly. We shot this weekend and he had his highest score with the new gun. We set up a trap range on the property, but we also shoot the local clubs. It gave me great pleasure to see him shoot the gun so well. I taught him to hunt when he was a kid and was with him when he killed his first deer. He'll be hunting ducks and birds with me this fall. I am generally a lone hunter, but I consider Mark another son and will take him everywhere with me in the fall. I took him into the Great Swamp with me recently and we saw well over 200 ducks, most of them woodies which have returned in great numbers.
Tom Flanigan is offline   Reply With Quote