Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Nom de plumes
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
John Davis
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,247 Times in 1,227 Posts

Default Nom de plumes

As noted in other threads, John Dunkle has made some changes to the web-site which now allows for the use of a nom de plume. He seems to have covered all the bases and addressed all the issues and concerns surrounding the use of such names. On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank John for all his hard work and our hats are off to him. I'll be the first to admit that most of us on the board are completely lost at sea when it comes to technical computer issues and we rely heavily on John to lead and guide us in this area. I'm afraid we far too often forget to thank John appropriately for his contributions and perhaps take his incredible skills and talents for granted. So, thanks again John for all you do for the PGCA and its membership.

John Davis, Chairman of the Board, PGCA.
John Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
Jean Swanson
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,080 Times in 237 Posts

Mr. Davis : I share your thoughts concerning John Dunkle---well said---my engineering skills far exceed my literary ability to express myself as well as you.I have been working with John during the transfer of the treasures responsibilities and without John's help I would be completely lost . Thanks for all that you do ---the guy from Vermont ,Allan
Jean Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jean Swanson For Your Post:
Unread 12-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

Well said gentlemen. John catches amazing amounts of flak (and Kudos) behind the scenes by telephone, e-mails and PMs from all angles and all levels of membership.

He really does work very hard to make this website - the PGCA as successful as he is able through his formiddable talents.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 12-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,770 Times in 635 Posts

One of the things that make the PGCA stand out from all the other collector organizations is the people like John and so many others who give freely of their time and expertise to help create this community of like minded people and give them the ability to share their knowledge and experiences with others. Thanks John for all your efforts in making the PGCA website what it is today, simply the best. Larry
Larry Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Larry Frey For Your Post:
Unread 12-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
Bill Mullins
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,069 Times in 169 Posts

Hey John! You are the daily "Parker Pages" to many of our members! I often "click" on the web site three or four times during the day. You provide that medium for so many of our members to enjoy! A great big THANK YOU!! It is the "flagship" of gun collector web sites!!! Keep up the great work and new ideas!! Bill
Bill Mullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
Tom Brown
PGCA Member

Member Info

Ditto, Larry. T
Tom Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,158 Times in 823 Posts

Ummmm...... Wow....

I saw this last evening - and being ill prepared for a lengthy reply (I'm traveling and using my iPhone for web/email/admin access - it's not pretty but it works )....

For that, rather - thank you guys.. I mean that... You see - without this organization we call the PGCA - I wouldn't have a role?

But rather, it's you fellows on the BOD, along with your predecessors and future Board Members, current & future PGCA Members - and volunteers that make this community and organization great. By comparison, I look at the work you folks donate to the organization, Austin performs for Parker Pages, Mark does with letters, Robin does with the web reference - and many, many others - to whom I stand in awe.

I also stand in awe of all those who have taken the time, caring and concern for this community and its "citizens" - who show up each and everyday and post their comments to share their knowledge, welcoming words, pictures and sometimes - with a few chuckles along the way...

All those things combined make this site all it has become - and that's certainly not to my credit. Rather, that's to your collective credit.

By comparison - my role is "easy". You see, this is the PGCA forum and site. I simply volunteered to try to make it the best it could be under my stewardship as it evolves - so all of us here can simply contribute to this community each and every day, with each and every post and each and every welcoming note to the "new guy" and each and every chuckle...

So - finally - thank all of you - the BOD, the PGCA Members and users to this site - for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this organization and volunteer in some small way in delivering up your website & community each day....

My Best Always,

John

(Now I have to go buy a new iPhone - I think I wore out the electronic keyboard on this one..??!! )
John Dunkle is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to John Dunkle For Your Post:
Unread 12-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #8
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

John, were you driving when you typed all that??
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #9
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,158 Times in 823 Posts

Nope - inside the hotel room looking out at the beach, Gulf of Mexico and wistfully thinking the day would be a whole lot better if the temperature wasn't FORTY-SIX DEGREES right now in Florida???!!!???

John Dunkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #10
Side X Side
Forum Associate

Member Info

John are you near Panama City?