Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

New member from South Dakota
Unread 02-24-2020, 04:08 PM   #1
Jeff Sweeter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default New member from South Dakota

Hello to all.I recently joined the Parker Gun Collectors and just thought I would say hello.I am an avid collector and love hunting with old doubles.I have been registered on this site for a few years and have learned a lot reading the various threads,especially on reloading for the older guns.Last fall I acquired an interesting Parker 12 gauge V grade with 36 inch barrels.It has some issues but is fun to shoot and has proven itself already with a few mallards last fall.I met a few of you at the Pheasant Fest in Minneapolis and brought this gun along and was very grateful that you wanted to display it with your other fine Parkers at the show.I need to get a letter on this gun yet to find out more about it.It was a pleasure meeting some of you at Pheasant Fest,and if not before,meet some more Parker enthusiasts at The Great Northern in July.I farm and hopefully will be able to get away then as I have a room booked and am planning on going.I heard Pheasant Fest is returning to Sioux Falls,S.D. next year which is handy for me as I'm only 20 minutes away,and would be glad to help with anything if need be.I have a trap and skeet range at my place and if any of you get through here and need a place to play with your doubles or practice up before a pheasant hunt,contact me and I'll see if I can accommodate you.Jeff Sweeter.
Jeff Sweeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2020, 04:27 PM   #2
Matt Buckley
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,182 Times in 260 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jeff. It was a pleasure to visit with you and talk doubles at the Sioux Falls Gun Show and Pheasantfest.
Matt Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt Buckley For Your Post:
Unread 02-24-2020, 05:02 PM   #3
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,306 Times in 4,411 Posts

Welcome Jeff! Glad to see you here
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 02-24-2020, 05:23 PM   #4
Jeff Sweeter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Hey Matt,good to hear from you.I enjoyed visiting with you and Jim also.I have been searching the web looking for another 16.Found several but not the right one yet.There are a couple more gun shows in my range in the next month.Im hoping I run across another double to put back in service.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Sweeter For Your Post:
Unread 02-24-2020, 05:54 PM   #5
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,079 Times in 2,378 Posts

Welcome Jeff. A group of us hunt in the Hitchcock area every opening weekend and we use some Parkers, Foxes and other SxS"s. Been doing it for 20+ years. Where are you located?
Unread 02-24-2020, 10:13 PM   #6
Jim Beilke
PGCA Member

Member Info

Hey Jeff, Great to see your post here and again at Pheasant Fest. The boys at the Parker booth sure enjoyed your 36 , Welcome. Shot the 16 Trojan this past weekend. It handled very good and shot even better. I doubt I will miss anything with it this fall. Matt already loaded me a couple boxes of bismuth loads. Looking forward to hunting with it this fall. Thanks again , Jim
Jim Beilke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Beilke For Your Post:
Unread 02-25-2020, 10:39 AM   #7
Jeff Sweeter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Hello Double Lab. Im about 15 miles south of Sioux Falls,S.D.just off the interstate a couple miles.There is some very good pheasant hunting north and west of here as Ive had the opportunity to hunt at a couple times.I mostly hunt fairly close to home.We dont have the bird populations like out west but I can usually find a few.A few friends and I try to get together during the summer and shoot some skeet out here on Tuesday evenings,weather permitting.We didnt get together one time last year with all the rain we had in the area.It was either wet or windy or both it seemed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Sweeter For Your Post:
Unread 02-25-2020, 10:49 AM   #8
Jeff Sweeter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Hello Jim, glad you like the trojan and will be putting it to use.That gun just didnt fit me like I wanted.I have a Sterlingworth and an L.C.16 that I have hunted some with.Need to find another Parker some day that fits me better.Im sure one will come along.16s are fun.
Unread 02-25-2020, 01:21 PM   #9
Dean Weber
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,164 Times in 206 Posts

Hello Jeff! I am a new member of PGCA as well. I also happen to be a new resident of South Dakota, just up the road from you in Sioux Falls. Maybe we can go shoot sometime. I will send you my contact information.
Unread 02-25-2020, 01:51 PM   #10
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,605 Times in 2,666 Posts

So you are close to Tea and Canton, nice areas. It was great to meet you at PF in MSP . We will count on you for Sioux Falls PF next year. I hunt over by Springfield on the river.

Welcome to the PGCA .
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote