Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

start of the 8 ga parkers hunt
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

Default start of the 8 ga parkers hunt

this eveninh started the 8 ga parker lifters hunt in theultimate goal of bringing home a deer useing the 8 ga pumpkin ball load... well the start of the hunt was good it began at 3.30 this afternoon..shells had been rechecked deer scent old tinks 69 put in the new wick scent bottles...we loade everthing into the old blue tracker and headed out to a little special spot...as we parked and got out our gear i checked to make sure every thing was there and nothing forgotten...i then throwed a coupla of them pumpkin ball loads into the old 8 ga and off with great expectations in seeing a deer...as we got into 50 yards of our hunting place all of a sudden up came turkeys i must say there was at least 45 to 50 of these birds..they flew up into the trees all around where i was going to hunt...i should have left the place and went some where else to hunt but it was already late and i decided to set up there anyway...i put out myscent bombs and gotgot set up in my blind i figured them turkeys would ben all rite but was i wrong..they were very vocal they putted and even yelped a few times and some of there chatter i had never heard before...well the deer never showed even though we stayed till dark well we did see a squirl that was one his way home and he seemed to be in a hurry...so the first evenings hunt was short but good in a way only a hunter knows... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,370 Times in 4,433 Posts

That's why they call it "hunting" and not "shooting"
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,706 Times in 3,469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills Morrison View Post
That's why they call it "hunting" and not "shooting"
Huntin's lovely but I likes the shootin !

But now that I carry that damned I-Phone everywhere the huntin and no shootin part isn't quite as long as it used to be

Mr.Charlie when you pop one with that 8 gauger I hope you take some pics for us and especially the wound channel from those big chunks of lead !
Unread 11-13-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
Dennis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Good luck Charlie.

Dennis
Dennis V. Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

i will take pictures of every thing if i get a deer with the 8 ga..as of the moment i am not getting to hunt due to a coupla deaths in the family. a aunt and a cousin have passed over..i look forward to cocking the hammer and pulling the trigger on some thing... charlie
Unread 11-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,370 Times in 4,433 Posts

Sorry to hear about your aunt and cousin, Charlie. I send my best to you and your family
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #7
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

the old 8 s 2nd evening of hunting went down without no deer seen..all we heard was a deer blowing at us dont know if she had smelled us or some other hunter...as we sat in the shooting house we did hear a shot...about 6.30 pm i got a call from my grandsonhe said bring the truck that he had killed a large doe...so i got my truck and went to where he told me he would be but he was still in the woods trying to drag that deer up a steep hill..he had dragged that deer for about 200 yards and liked another 100 getting to the top of that steep hill to the field...so off i go and starting helping him it was the first time i ve heard him say i ve got to rest a minute...that doe was about a 80 lb deer but dragging that thing up the hill mayed her weigh a ton...we got her to the truck and loaded her up and came to the house..we dressed her and she s now in my old refrigerator cooling off....the old 8 will not get to hunt tonite due to my cousins funeral
today so some of you boys get out there and hunt for her...charlie
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #8
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

the 3 rd hunt has ended with no deer seen..i think i m gona have to start hunting in the woods the deer are still eating acorns they are not coming out in my food plots yet..but its still nice just setting there waiting for you know who.... charlie
Unread 11-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #9
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

yesterday evening me and the old 8 tried another evening of hunting..we hunted the timber with plenty of acorn trees around only thing no deer showed up for supper...thers been the best acorn crop in my area that i ve seen in my lifetime..the deer are just not coming into food plots as of yet..but me and the old 8 are enjoying the woods gonna fool them squirls some evening i m gona take along some squirl shot for the 8instead of them big pumpkin balls... charlie
Unread 11-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #10
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

well we went hunting again this evening a very slow cold drizzling rain acoming down...i left the old 8 ga home were i was hunting it would of been a mircle to have got a close shot so i carried a scoped remy. 270 pump...my grandson went with me we both sat together in a old shooting house we stayed dry and even seen one small deer we passed on it...we got a little damp walking back to the truck and then done a little slippin and slideing trying to get up a steepmuddy slick hill ..we made it out... charlie