Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 11-26-2021, 08:56 AM   #31
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,099 Posts

Same Multiple Post Deleted ?
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2021, 09:55 AM   #32
Phil Yearout
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,022 Times in 1,065 Posts

1) Two pairs of Ray-Ban glasses before I was smart enough to start putting a lanyard on 'em.
2) 2/3 of a Winston WT 8' 4wt rod with a favorite old Okuma reel with a brand new weight forward line when I neglected to zip a reel-on case shut.

But a couple of happy endings: Two years ago in South Dakota we were flying down the interstate when we thought some guys in an SUV were harassing us. Turns out they were trying to tell us my nephew had left his shotgun on top of the bed cover. I laughed at him, then this year we were driving through a field when I noticed my 16ga Trojan was still lying on the hood of the truck. I guess putting things on the hood isn't always good enough
Unread 11-26-2021, 12:39 PM   #33
Dan
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Lost then found

Many years past I was deer hunting and had the good fortune to take a buck. After field dressing the deer I remembered wiping my bloody hands over a fallen log and then after a long and tiring drag drove home. After getting home my (Former) wife inquired as to were my gold wedding band was. I stood there thinking for a while and then surmised that it came off while field dressing that deer. I grabbed a flashlight and headed back to that spot and sure enough found my ring lying on top of the blood stained leaves under that fallen log.
Daniel B Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daniel B Sweet For Your Post:
Unread 11-30-2021, 10:41 AM   #34
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,680 Times in 1,644 Posts

My wife and I were trimming some deer meat to can " whole Deer" and I carried the trimmings down to the open field to dump them. the next day I missed my Company ring went down to the field never found it probably in some bear or coyote gut looked for 3 years with metal detctors never found the ring! s### happens, gary
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote