Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 11-25-2021, 08:15 AM   #21
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,152 Times in 3,258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon View Post
At least you didn't leave your Burt Becker bored Fox on the fender of your car and drive off. The stuff of legends...
no- never - that wouldn't/couldn't happen to me

read post #5 on this thread -(but lets keep it between ourselves okay )

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthr...highlight=roof

I did have a friend who left his cased pride and joy M12 heavy duck on a fender, got home and realized it was missing - drove back to his spot and found it safe in the middle of the dirt road
Unread 11-25-2021, 08:28 AM   #22
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,182 Times in 12,365 Posts

I remember that one Rick. I think we all should adopt your new policy.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 11-25-2021, 08:53 AM   #23
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

the first year I hunted in 2018, I ran into a not so nice man that told me his property was just over there. I said I know I have a plat book. He continued on, telling me he was sick of people trespassing and he had snares up all along his property line and if my dog went over there "he might disappear". He was on a 4 wheeler, I had just gotten out of my truck, and started hunting south on state land, he went back out onto the dirt road and headed south doing donuts in the road parallel to me. I could just see the road and could see his 4 wheeler doing donuts. I carefully hung up my blaze orange hat and vest, leaned my unloaded shotgun against a tree, I almost tied my dog up there, but I was more afraid of not finding my dog than losing a shotgun and vest and hat. I was so mad I couldn't think straight, I could of left my dog there and could of found him with his beeper collar/locater on. Anyways, I snuck over there and tried to get pictures of him doing donuts on the road, he literally did donuts for a half mile to harass me while hunting. I headed back, it was probably 75 yards to my clothes and gun. It took me a while to find them, which is hard to believe, I headed back just a little off course, after going a hundred yards I went north, then headed back towards the road and found them. In Michigan harassing a hunter can result in a $500.00 fine, I did not know any better back then or I would of turned him in, the pictures didn't show much, the donuts in the road did.
Ed Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ed Norman For Your Post:
Unread 11-25-2021, 09:53 AM   #24
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,555 Posts

About 2 .months ago, Ieft a 9' 5 weight Scott Custom shop rod and Bauer reel on top of thr truck and drove off. Say good bye to a. bunch of $$$
Unread 11-25-2021, 10:23 AM   #25
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,657 Times in 1,854 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Corona View Post
I was hunting in SD a few years back and was working the edges of a cattail slough when I noticed a funny feeling in one of my Irish Setter boots. The sole has fallen off and I had walked about 200 yds. before I noticed it. Back tracked and found the sole then that evening used some Shoe Goo to reattach it.
Daryl that exact same thing happened to a hunting friend of mine year before last while in SD. Oddly enough it was Irish Setters for him as well, sole came completely off. He did have a spare pair of boots thankfully.
Randy G Roberts is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 11-25-2021, 01:26 PM   #26
Joe Graziano
Forum Associate

Member Info

That happened to me while hunting at Rio Piedra. We would hunt, get back in the guide’s jeep, move and hunt. When I pulled my hammer gun out of the slip at a stop, no forend! What? You have to be kidding. We went back to the previous stopping point and there it was on the ground. That forend has an Anson release and has never fallen off before or since. It almost ruined a very special hunt with my father and my son. Needless to say, I was relieved when I found it. I’m glad to hear you found yours.
Joe Graziano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Graziano For Your Post:
Unread 11-25-2021, 09:45 PM   #27
Mike Poindexter
PGCA Member

Member Info

I now put anything I want to use again on the hood of my vehicle, gun, rod, bag, you name it. That way when I climb in the car to go, I see the object of my desire staring me in the face. Dont ask how I came to learn this lesson.
Mike Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2021, 10:55 PM   #28
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,946 Times in 1,437 Posts

The most valuable thing I lost was a GPS unit. Not once but twice while elk hunting in Colorado. Almost to the day a year apart.
1st one riding up in the dark, my GPS I was wearing on my hip fell off. I knew where I had last looked at it. Which was about a 1/4 of a mile down on the well used trail. Despite riding the trail and searching for it, it was never found.
Next year I had shot an elk early one morning. The wrangler and I loaded the elk in Panniers loaded on a brute of a pack horse.
I had shot the elk deep in a canyon pretty far in.
While packing the meat out the cowboy said we could save a lot of time if we took a shortcut but that there was on steep area where you had to really push your horse. He stated several times that for no reason should I allow my horse to slow down or stop.
Unfortunately I was watching my GPS really close since we were not going out the way we had come in. I was holding the GPS we reached the area where we really had a steep climb.
So I put the GPS in my front shirt pocket without thinking.
About that time the cowboy spurred his horse with the pack horse in tow. I followed hanging on for a wild ride. It was a pretty steep climb for about 80 yards. Half way up the GPS come flying out of my pocket. I saw exactly, or so I thought where it had come out.
Once at the top. I went down on foot. Easily following the hoof prints. Once again despite my best search It was gone for ever.
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Phillip Carr For Your Post:
Unread 11-26-2021, 08:52 AM   #29
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,099 Posts

Four archery seasons ago ,I was fortunate to shoot a nice 8 Point I grunted in from about 200 yards ,it was late in the season and I took him about 4:30 in the afternoon as he had been cruising a field edge and decided that was the best darn Grunt Call I ever owned ! I hit the deer through both lungs and fortunately he only went about 40 Yards and I saw him go down so I was quite happy I didn't have an hour to sit and wait and then a Trailing task in the dark ! After tagging and dressing I started the drag he was quite heavy so I wrapped the rope around my wrist and tugged on him while I walked backwards, finally getting him out I discovered my Grunt call was missing as well as my Inexpensive but favorite Timex Exhibition watch ! Since I was hunting my own property it really wasn't a big deal and I went back in the next morning but couldn't find either advance to Spring 2021 as I am making my way between large Poplars in search of Morel Mushrooms LO and Behold laying on a piece of Moss along the same deer trail I used to drag the deer out laid my Timex and I couldn't believe my eyes about 10 more feet up the trail laid my Grunt Call in plain view ! The Grunt call for whatever reason doesn't sound good any longer but the Timex ,Took a Licking but keeps on Ticking !
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russ Jackson For Your Post:
Unread 11-26-2021, 08:54 AM   #30
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,099 Posts

Posted Multiple ?
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote