Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Unread 08-22-2016, 05:19 PM   #31
Big Friend Ten (BFT)
PGCA Lifetime Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,933 Times in 795 Posts

So Edgar,

You mean the photos are real and not Photoshop? Well how about that?

USMC Retired
USMC Distinguished Marksman
USMC Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Benefactor - Ring of Freedom member
Mark Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mark Ouellette For Your Post:
Unread 08-22-2016, 09:57 PM   #32
Mike McKinney
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Gary, I have never known you to exaggerate or overstate one of your guns in photo or words, in fact you are more likely to be very modest, keep those pictures coming. Possibly there have been pictures posted by someone who did, but I think the people we see regularly with good guns don't do that and as Gary said they are proud of them and it seems to me it's one of the ways to benefit all of us.
Mike McKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike McKinney For Your Post:
Unread 08-23-2016, 09:27 AM   #33
Fishtail
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Amazing how grown men get so thin skinned...especially to the point they are not even addressing the issue at hand. The day I see a Parker with an orange-y hue to the wood I'll agree that the photography is not at fault.

You guys remind of a woman when you tell them you don't like their selection of wallpaper....and you spend the next two weeks insisting that when you said the wallpaper looks bad you didn't mean their butt looks fat.
greg conomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2016, 09:45 AM   #34
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Greg, If a member takes the time to share his great guns with us why criticize ? You could always save your comments for yourself.
Unread 08-23-2016, 10:10 AM   #35
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Suponski View Post
Greg, If a member takes the time to share his great guns with us why criticize ? You could always save your comments for yourself.
Congratulations Greg ! I guess you made whatever point you wanted to as it sounds like Gary will not bother you posting anymore pictures.... What year did you take photography 101..... When I was in my 20's and 30's I was also involved in photography you know the small stuff 2 1/4 or 4 x 5 view camera where we really had to watch our lighting and I see nothing wrong with these pics (but again I've been out of the business for a number of years). Isn't it nice you can criticize guns and photos of guns you have never seen No wonder no one what's to post pictures !

I agree with everything Dave said and I'm pretty sure most of the members would agree with him....
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post:
Unread 08-23-2016, 10:15 AM   #36
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,332 Times in 4,418 Posts

I think I speak for most of us when I say I appreciate those who share photographs of their Parkers on here and those who share their Parkers at the various PGCA events. Keep em coming! Quality photographs are a plus too, but really any photo that shows us something we haven't seen before is welcome
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 08-23-2016, 10:23 AM   #37
Big Friend Ten (BFT)
PGCA Lifetime Member

Member Info

Gentlemen,

This post is as a moderator. I tried making a couple subtle posts as a member rather than a moderator to mediate a thread gone bad. Okay my second post was in poor judgment from a moderator. Hey, I'm human most days...

Please read and heed.

Some members including myself tried to mitigate the inference that Gary C. had tried to ingratiate his Parker with Photoshop tricks. Anyone that knows Gary and/or has seen his guns would know better. Many of us took exception to the inference that Gary had compromised his integrity. Edgar who speaks the truth without regard to anyone's feelings (to include me on more than one occasion) stated he had held the subject gun and it is in the condition as shown.
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19620

The post in question, contained in this thread about a certain Parker, infers that the photos of this Parker have been doctored to make the gun look better.
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthr...t=19620&page=2

While I normally counsel in private this will be an exception since the poster cannot take subtle and not-so-subtle hints from other members. To publically infer that a another member has compromised his integrity is at the minimum rude. There is no place for this behavior on these forums. Cease and desist from this type behavior on these forums.
"A cease and desist letter is a document sent to an individual or business to halt purportedly illegal activity ("cease") and not take it up again later ("desist")."

In one has an issue with another use the PM's or give them a call. I received an updated phone roster with my most recent PARKER PAGES.

If someone is violating the rules of the forum then send the moderators a PM or message via the exclamation point button on the bottom left of the post window.

So, let's all back off this issue. If it happens again let me know and I will take immediate action rather than make subtle posts.

Have nice day!
Mark

USMC Retired
USMC Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Benefactor - Ring of Freedom member
Mark Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2016, 08:17 AM   #38
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,518 Times in 3,098 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ouellette View Post
Edgar who speaks the truth without regard to anyone's feelings (to include me on more than one occasion) stated he had held the subject gun and it is in the condition as shown.
Are you suggesting I haven't learned anything from all those classes in Sensitivity Training? And all this time I thought I was the poster guy for courtesy and political correctness. Well you can kiss my butt stock. Just kidding Mark. You know I love you like a second cousin, twice removed.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post:
Unread 08-24-2016, 08:49 AM   #39
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarspencer View Post
Are you suggesting I haven't learned anything from all those classes in Sensitivity Training? And all this time I thought I was the poster guy for courtesy and political correctness. Well you can kiss my butt stock. Just kidding Mark. You know I love you like a second cousin, twice removed.
Sorry Mark (for Edgars humor at your expense) but that's funny, and I know we all needed a little humor in this post that took a really (and I mean Really wrong, to the point of people not wanting to post again) wrong direction.......!
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post:
Unread 08-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #40
Big Friend Ten (BFT)
PGCA Lifetime Member

Member Info

Eric and Edgar,

No offense taken.

Mark

USMC Retired