Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Easton, MD Gun Show November 9 and 10
Unread 11-06-2019, 11:15 AM   #1
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,786 Times in 4,718 Posts

Default Easton, MD Gun Show November 9 and 10

PGCA members Kevin McCormack and Bill Murphy will be exhibiting their treasures at the Easton, MD gun show this weekend, November 9 and 10. It is held at the Talbot County Recreation Department hockey facility one mile north of town. It is not held in conjunction with the Easton Waterfowl Festival, but is held the same weekend. Y'all come, and good luck with the bridge. No cash tolls any more. If you don't have an Easy Pass, you get a bill in the mail for four bucks. Tolls only one way, come back for free!
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 11-06-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
Joe Graziano
Forum Associate

Member Info

I picked up a really nice Red Head LOM case there last year for a great price. We were staying on Kent Island for a wedding from hell. So, my infant daughter and I went to the gun show in the morning. I arrived back just in time. My wife was rather annoyed but we had a great time and I got a sweet case! I recommend the show and going to the Waterfowl Festival. It’s a great time.
Joe Graziano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #3
Alfred Greeson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Great seafood on the bay. When stationed in Virginia, I really enjoyed the food at Kent Narrows and going into Easton and we had some good Vintage Cup Days there too. Great people there, hope you have fun.
Alfred Greeson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred Greeson For Your Post:
Unread 11-07-2019, 11:32 AM   #4
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,599 Times in 1,016 Posts

Yes by all means come and see us. The Waterfowl Festival has lots of great exhibits and vendors, and you can never predict what will show up. One year in the tailgate parking lot decoy show at he community center, two "watermen" showed up with what they swore was a documented punt gun from the lower Eastern Shore. Provenance showed real thin when one of the kids coming out of hockey practice on the ice rink at the center showed his dad the wet paint on the mounting trunions as it sat in the back of the pickup. Another year inside at the gun show, a young Iranian man brought in a spectacular 1930s vintage Westley Richards droplock 28 gauge, cased with all accessories for show and tell. The makers' label and accompanying charge cards in the lid were all in Farsi.
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2019, 05:03 PM   #5
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

The year that the gold encrusted Westley Richards smallbore showed up, Kevin and I probably had $500 between the two of us in our checking accounts. We never saw that gun again. Also, many years ago, at another Maryland show, a Middle Eastern looking young man walked into the show carrying a cardboard box containing the most elaborately engraved 303 Merkel I had ever seen. The box was the original box for the Merkel. He spied a well worn Damascus 12 gauge Parker on a table manned by a friend. He asked whether he could trade the Merkel for the Parker. Of course the deal went down, the young man explaining that the Merkel was a diplomatic gift to his father and he had no interest in it. At the time, the Merkel was probably worth $4000 and the browned out Parker probably $250.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 11-10-2019, 08:11 AM   #6
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Saturday at the Easton Show was very slow with little activity on our three tables. Other vendors told the same story. However, all items I spied as possible take homes were gone very quickly. A great vintage portrait of "hanging bluejays" was something I couldn't have lived without, but it was gone when I went back. A brand new Model 11 Remington 12 gauge for $300 was a great buy and was gone when I went back as were twelve boxes of 3" .410 7 1/2 shot for a great price. My friend John's table of Diamond Grade Prussian Dalys was untouched by human hands by closing time Saturday. I was tempted by an early Model 21 12 gauge for $1000 asking price, but I restrained myself, and no one else seemed to notice it either. On the same table was an NID 20 gauge Ithaca for $300. Both guns were field used but all original and functional. I displayed for sale an early two barrel set 20 gauge Model 21 that Cody lettered to Senator Harry B. Hawes, first president of Ducks Unlimited, and founder of the Jefferson Islands Club, but no one expressed the slightest interest in the gun or the informational cards displayed.
Unread 11-10-2019, 09:08 AM   #7
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,042 Times in 12,322 Posts

Bill, you need to buy when first you spy an item you want. I never evpect something to still be there waiting for me when I “go back”.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 11-10-2019, 09:54 AM   #8
Joe Graziano
Forum Associate

Member Info

I’ll be there today and perhaps there are a couple treasures left. If the early M21 is there, it may find a new home.
Joe Graziano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2019, 12:18 PM   #9
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

I love those diamond grade Dalys. They don't get much better than that.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2019, 05:19 PM   #10
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

i would have took that model 21 winchester home with me if i had of been at that show...i passed on some nice arrow heads this past saturday....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote