Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Single Barrel Trap Shotguns

Notices

Unread 12-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #21
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dallas View Post
Unaltered trap guns are rarer than chicken lips. Trap shooters never miss the bird. it's always the gun's fault.
Every year in LA they have a Parker vs. Elsie SBT competition. During the past four years the Elsie won the first three and the Parker won this last one.

They report the event as if the guns are shooting themselves and don't emphasize the shooter, who, after all has considerable input.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #22
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Anybody have a link to the Annie Oakley Parker SBT photo ? Like to look at it. Real good documentary on Annie is in the PBS American Experience Series. Watched it few weeks ago, was in Netflix.

Bill
William Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #23
Holeshot
PGCA Member

Member Info

Steve, seems that SBT guns are always for sale if money means nothing to ya. But seems everything is for sale at the right price. He doesn't want to pay 6500 - 7500. for an SC. He is wanting my approval and I said just be patient and we will find the right one.
David Holes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #24
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Davis View Post
Anybody have a link to the Annie Oakley Parker SBT photo ? Like to look at it. Real good documentary on Annie is in the PBS American Experience Series. Watched it few weeks ago, was in Netflix.

Bill
Gosh, I just saw it. I've got a stack of gun related/hunting books here and it is in one of them. The pic I saw was taken when she was 65, according to the caption. It is a close up. Looks like the camera is right next to her. All you see is her shooting hand, the receiver and her face mostly convered by the stock and her hand.

Towards the end of her life her hair turned snow white. She was badly burned in a fire. I think she lived to 67. She stood just shy of 5'. When she was at her peek, she would shoot from standing on the back of a running horse. Annie Oakley was the real deal!
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve McCarty For Your Post:
Unread 07-24-2015, 10:47 AM   #25
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Time fly's posted this nearly 4 years ago. At the time owned a couple of other SxS no Parkers, since have converted to all most all Parker's and am a PGCA Member.

The SBT pictured belonged to a Schuetzen Shooting friend of mine who got it from the widow of one of his old friends. Monthly rifle matches he always asked me if I wanted it. I did but was after other Parker's first. Anyhow brought it home yesterday now a SBT owner. Like to shoot it at the Fall Southern Trap Challenge.

It needs a fresh pad that's all. Excepting the pad I can see no changes from the factory. Will start looking for correct. One on the gun is a Pachmyer, very hard and slick. Choke starts about 5 inches out drops to .040 just like it should. Question I do have, penciled inside the forearm is " 5-1927" Old mark, does not appear as old as the gun. Was the date inside the wood common on Parker's, none of my other guns have it.

Ordering a letter today.

William
The Following User Says Thank You to William Davis For Your Post:
Unread 07-24-2015, 11:17 AM   #26
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,925 Times in 1,410 Posts

William, I'll be looking for your request. FYI the front bead is not original. Looks like a Bradley sight, not a Lyman which is what Parker used. Both front and rear sights should be just a round ivory ball mounted on a post. I would think originals or a r5epro shouldn't be hard to find. A Hawkins pad would look nice.
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2015, 11:40 AM   #27
Phil Yearout
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,059 Posts

Awesome! I haven't been to the club all year; it's been either raining or bloody hot every weekend. Makes me want to get my SC out there, chopped barrel and all!
Unread 07-24-2015, 12:00 PM   #28
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Chuck

You are right the beads are not Ivory. I was thinking it's not possible to replace with proper Ivory. If you have a contact please let me know via PMail. I have some small broken Ivory Jewelry that could be used to make a couple

Zapping the letter request to you right now

William
Unread 07-24-2015, 12:37 PM   #29
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

A little late on the draw but here's Annie with her SBT giving shooting instructions to a young girl.

Nope... I just took a closer look and that's not a Parker SBT at all... looks more like an Ithaca SXS... Sorry.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Annie.jpg (35.3 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg Annie&student.jpg (17.4 KB, 82 views)
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2015, 12:58 PM   #30
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

That's OK just wanted it for my screen saver, lot of Annie pictures on Google Images. Sort through them now.

William