Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

I need advice please
Unread 11-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #31
glenfoxman

Member Info

Default I need advice please

My advice would be... (the rest edited by John D....)
Unread 11-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #32
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Interesting reply... IF you'd like to post again, please contact me explaining your post..

Thanks,

John
(BTW - I removed the LINK in your SIG - have a wonderful day..)
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #33
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

Lee: I don't know what the problem is with some folks here, but it seems like you have a fairly rare Parker. PH Grade 12 bore with 34 inch Parker Special Steel (fluid steel) barrels and ejectors. I would say it's worth quite a bit more that you say you were offered. To me you asked a very legitimate question.

Just My Humble Opinion.........George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #34
VH20
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Day View Post
The board and many long time and active life members do not want the forum to be a forum for discord and hard feeling, but they want it to promote the collecting and education of Parkers.
Bruce - I'm not singling you out or directing this at you personally, but rather the philosophy itself (of which as I write this I am under the impression you are neither advocating nor condemning). I have seen more discord and hard feelings erupt because of the no-sales policy than anything else on the forum (this thread is a perfect example). It usually happens when a newcomer posts about a Parker they have been given but don't wish to keep. Then someone (sometimes rightly, sometimes not) accuses them of willfully attempting to skirt the policy of the forum and...this is where it ends up. I remember a few years ago, a member was permanently banned for viciously attacking an innocent newcomer over something like this, and just wouldn't let up.

That is the reason I would like to see the policy changed. I have never sold a Parker, and don't have any intentions of doing so. I plan on keeping a gun when I buy it. I also have no belief that I would buy a gun offered for sale here, because there are a lot more serious players in this arena than me and any gun that I would be interested in would probably be snapped up before I ever logged-on. But for now, it is the policy and unless it is changed those are the rules and we should expect everyone to follow them.

If anyone were to ask my opinion (and they didn't) I would say that it would be best if we were to give newcomers the benefit of the doubt and gently make them aware of the policy in a friendly manner the same way John Dunkle does with the endless mis-use of Usernames when newcomers register. If they were to ignore the friendly warning, then a more stern warning (to include the possibility of being banned) would be in order.

Jim
Jim Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 12:16 AM   #35
VH20
Forum Associate

Member Info

Hmmm. I may be missing something. As I understand your last post, it isn't what I'm talking about. Of the links available here that I'm familiar with, none are sites where an individual can sell a gun except doublegunshop.com. But even if there were, the seller can't mention it here.

If I'm reading your post right, it only applies to people looking for advice on guns they want to buy. I've really never seen that to be an issue. As you said, they just post a link or item number here and ask for opinions, which are usually given freely.

Forgive me if I misunderstood!

Jim
Jim Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #36
Bill Bolyard
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Francis,

I have seen on the other web sites where people with guns for sale have had there guns nit picked apart to the point where they take the ads down.
More to the point, I am really disappointed in the way Lee was treated, I mean really, insinuating it was a stolen gun. You all are a lot better then this. I doubt that Lee will ever be back on this board, it really is a shame. Just my thoughts.

Bill

"Let me hasten to explain, ere the cat people bristle their back fur,that we have nothing against little kitties who stay by the fire and restrict their diet to canned salmon. Our members wouldn't dream of shooting a cat in the lap of an elderly lady sitting in a rocking chair in the front parlor, provided the window is closed".

Corey Ford
Bill Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bolyard For Your Post:
Unread 11-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #37
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,875 Times in 4,757 Posts

After all this ridiculous banter, I emailed the lady to offer her information on her gun. After four pages on this thread, she hasn't gotten any. I'm sure I'm not the first to contact her.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 11-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #38
Andrew Thompson
Forum Associate

Member Info

Did anyone else want to weigh in? If we keep this up, fox tv will be calling about a reality show. Lots of drama here.
Andrew Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Thompson For Your Post:
Unread 11-11-2009, 07:19 AM   #39
Lee St.Clair
Forum Associate

Member Info

Gentlemen and gentlewomen,
I know not what to say. I had to stay away from this site for a few days because my head was reeling, and I was restless. The restlessness I thought was from the negative responses and what I seemed to have stirred up on your forum. In retrospect it was much more than that. Deep down I do not want to sell this gun.
Reading these forums.....how passionate all you are about your 'parkers' just made it harder for me to continue on the path I was on.
With great passion emotions are closer to the surface. And I think that is clearly shown in this thread. smiles. Passion is a good thing.
Those that came to my defense without knowing me.....thank you so very much. It warms my heart. smiles. That shows compassion. And is a very good thing.
Thank you so much to those who emailed me offering assistance, if it was to help me get a value on the gun or to purchase it for youe own collection.
I know not at this time what I am going to do. A serious attempt was made yesterday to persuade me to keep the gun(Thank you). If eventually I do decide to sell I will contact those that have contacted me interested in this parker.
Overall my experience on here has been a positive one. Thank you for those that started this organization and maintains it. I plan on continuing to read the forum from time to time as I have thouroughly enjoyed reading some threads(other than mine....smiles).
Blessing to all, Lee
Lee St.Clair is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lee St.Clair For Your Post:
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:56 AM   #40
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,240 Times in 12,378 Posts

Lee, thank you for coming back to us and for forgiving the more passionate of us. It is good to know that you will drop in from time to time. You're a special person.

Dean
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote