Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Unread 05-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #61
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

Rex, I happened to be visiting this thread again and couldn't help but notice how stunningly beautiful the case colors are on your gun, they compliment the A-1 features perfectly. I recall Ken Hurst mentioning on many occasions of utilizing John Gillette's Classic Guns, Inc. services for casecoloring, so I'm assuming that's who applied them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1292%20smaller.JPG (84.7 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1288%20smaller.JPG (86.5 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1286%20smaller.JPG (87.7 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1287%20smaller.JPG (93.9 KB, 219 views)
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #62
Rex Northen
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thank you for the callout! I do now have a bit more information on the gun, thanks to a very kind forum member. It was one of the in-the-white sets sold to Galazan, Ken Hurst was the engraver (scratching, he calls it) and John Gillette did the case coloring. The case was hand-made/fitted by a retired doctor on the west coast. I've not been able to discover how many A1's had a 16 gauge barrel set, but it doesn't appear to be very many. Great pointing gun with good (but not perfect) dimensions for me - I just need to get it out on some birds and see what kind of partners the gun and I make!
Rex Northen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #63
Walt Kowalski
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Baehman View Post
Rex, I happened to be visiting this thread again and couldn't help but notice how stunningly beautiful the case colors are on your gun, they compliment the A-1 features perfectly. I recall Ken Hurst mentioning on many occasions of utilizing John Gillette's Classic Guns, Inc. services for casecoloring, so I'm assuming that's who applied them.
My God...that's a "purdy" Parker...
ron belanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #64
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,909 Times in 534 Posts

Rex...you will find the repro's all have high stock dementions and will shoot a tad high...Set the target fully on top the rib, that should do the trick....I shoot sporting clays and hunt wild birds. I have ajusted to shooting the repro's and have a hard time with my original lower stocked guns now. I have found three original parkers that are stocked hi and shoot them very well. I have sold off my low stocked guns and Im still looking for a hi grade 16 with a tightly choked left barrel for wild roosters in Kansas.... stock drop 1 3/8 by 2 3/8 works good for me now.... (-: love them repro's!!!!
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote